Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit
Quote | Reply
So, what be the consensus on Castelli's brochure claim of 15w savings vs BP 2.0???? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
So, what be the consensus on Castelli's brochure claim of 15w savings vs BP 2.0???? :)

at 50 mph, perhaps
Quote Reply
Re: Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it said at 50 kph :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could you post a link?
I googled and the only thing it came up with is this post.
Quote Reply
Re: Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit [stodr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.castelli-cycling.cz/...stelli_leto_2014.pdf

on the BP 3.0 page it shows comparison against BP 2.0. page 6, I believe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff,

Are you going to lose those extra holiday pounds before you possibly expose your self in this skinsuit?! ;-)

---Francis
Quote Reply
Re: Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit [cervelo3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will need to find some clen ,like Mick, to shed the weight. where can I find me sum con-tam-I-nated cow?

Funny, I actually gave up sweets today cuz I appear to be way overeating. Given the amount of kj I expend I can't see how weight keeps creeping up, and I am not doing penance riding.

That is the long answer, in the event I were to get one when available, I would need to be lighter, 15 lbs lighter.

Short answer is yes..........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
15 watts saved from one speed suit to another? I call bullshit.
Quote Reply
Re: Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STOP IT...

I want to believe! :(

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit [camaleon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd gladly pay $300 to gain 15 watts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:

u and everybody else ha!

I have the 1.0 so I just going to order the 3.0 and check the fabrics; if it is different then maybe I will keep it :)

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you can see the sleeve material is different, ie textured on the upper arm where it needs to be and not on lower arm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just looked at the brochure. They are claiming 28 watts over the "baseline" which is their most basic jersey. DOUBLE BULLSHIT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what are you feeling that 28 should be?

I've seen the bp2.0 save a handful+ watts over another ss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea but that would be like a 10% bump to my FTP for just putting on a speed suit. I'm not familiar with any testing data on clothes but I know some peo teams have looked into it. Hard to believe that kind of sabings is realistic though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So is the stealth T1 top the best? I mean it has longer sleeves, would it be better than the Sanremo 3.0 Suit for Tri...
Quote Reply
Re: Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
So is the stealth T1 top the best? I mean it has longer sleeves, would it be better than the Sanremo 3.0 Suit for Tri...

A suit will always be faster than a 2 piece (no matter how small a difference we're talking about)... however, depending on what you want to wear for the run and during the swim; everything becomes subjective.

Myself... I need a new bike top for longer Tris. I like running and riding in my tri shorts and like running in a run singlet... so n=1... love the stealth over sanremo.
Quote Reply
Re: Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm comfortable in both, it looks like the sanremo suit is 24 watts, and the aero 5.0 jersey is 20w....what does the stealth top equate too?
Quote Reply
Re: Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
I'm comfortable in both, it looks like the sanremo suit is 24 watts, and the aero 5.0 jersey is 20w....what does the stealth top equate too?

You don't really believe those numbers do you? I believe they claimed t1 was around 20... but no chance I believe that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:

Don't you lose 15 watts of drag? Yes it should be in pink.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
I just looked at the brochure. They are claiming 28 watts over the "baseline" which is their most basic jersey. DOUBLE BULLSHIT.

That's probably not far off at 50kph. I've seen the difference between a regular S/S skinsuit and a jersey be ~20watts in the windtunnel before at 48kph. I'm not sure I trust the 15watts over the SS 2.0 unless it was a shortsleeve vs. Longsleeve. Even that seems off when you look at the previous graph. Essentially an aero-jersey is the same as the speed suit 2.0. It is of course all speculation since we don't know all the details of the testing.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
previous version did not have any textured material. new version does, I suspect the new jersey has texture as well. both are LS
Quote Reply
Re: Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ex-cyclist wrote:
TH3_FRB wrote:

That's probably not far off at 50kph. I've seen the difference between a regular S/S skinsuit and a jersey be ~20watts in the windtunnel before at 48kph. I'm not sure I trust the 15watts over the SS 2.0 unless it was a shortsleeve vs. Longsleeve. Even that seems off when you look at the previous graph. Essentially an aero-jersey is the same as the speed suit 2.0. It is of course all speculation since we don't know all the details of the testing.
You have to be a little careful comparing the chart to the 15 watts as they went from 40kph to 50kph so either double the numbers on the chart or change the 15 watts to 7 to go back to 40kph. 15watts does seem high but given the ability to tune body shape and position it might be that for some case.
Quote Reply
Re: Bodypaint 3.0 Speedsuit [slindell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that race season has started again, has anyone had a chance the try out the 3.0 yet? Any field testing or PRs?
Quote Reply

Prev Next