Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boardman SLR 9.8
Quote | Reply
Anyone riding one?

Wanting to build up a new bike. Have all the rest of the parts just wondering what folks thought about this frame

http://goo.gl/KAaW2p

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Boardman SLR 9.8 [jamgam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride a slightly older SLR 9.2 (2011 frame, bought in 2012), and it's awesome. I've been racing it around New Mexico and it has served me very well - plus it always draws compliments at road races (especially with Corima Aero MCC wheels... I added a recent race pic with those wheels to my profile).

If I was upgrading my road bike right now I'd either build up an SLR 9.8 or an AIR 9.8, and the SLR would have the edge because I know it's a great frame. There are very few other bikes I'd pick over another Boardman. It's good value for money too, so go for it!

----------------------------------
http://ironvision.blogspot.com ; @drSteve1663
Quote Reply
Re: Boardman SLR 9.8 [drsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How's the sizing on it. I ride a 56cm Venge and see that the Boardman as a 55.5 cm effective top tube for a medium and 57cm for the large. Was leaning towards the medium?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sizing is true - at least, the frame was the size I expected.
I ride a medium, with a 100mm stem (I'm 5'10", fairly normal torso length, long arms). My previous road ride was a 54cm Merckx that was a little bit small for me (but was a screaming deal on a used bike).

Medium sounds like it should work for you.

----------------------------------
http://ironvision.blogspot.com ; @drSteve1663
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done over 75 races on an Air 9.8 now (pre hidden brakes version). GREAT bike. Plenty "stiff" enough (that always cracks me up). Slightly stretched out geometry. Amazing price and good details/quality.

I'm also 5'-10" and 155-160# and on a M with a 110 mm stem (used a 120 as well for some crits). I think the SLR geometry is the same as the Air?

What would it be used for?

Re: Boardman SLR 9.8 [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rroof wrote:
I've done over 75 races on an Air 9.8 now (pre hidden brakes version). GREAT bike. Plenty "stiff" enough (that always cracks me up). Slightly stretched out geometry. Amazing price and good details/quality.

I'm also 5'-10" and 155-160# and on a M with a 110 mm stem (used a 120 as well for some crits). I think the SLR geometry is the same as the Air?

What would it be used for?

Mostly just riding but I might jump in a race here and there. I like my Venge quite a bit, just 4 years old and itching for something new

Oh.. and where have you guys bought? Competitive has the frameset for $2200, think I can do better? Looking around used but haven't found one
Last edited by: jamgam: Jul 27, 15 18:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always try to buy local when I can and support my bike shops.

But not many places carry Boardman, so online it may have to be. Hard to beat Competitive Cyclist. You can also "haggle" a bit with them either in price or with a few extra things you might need to build her up.

Quote | Reply
Well I bought one. Build it up when it gets here to we'll see
Quote Reply