Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy PZ4TX+ Here it is [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C'mon Roka!!

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy PZ4TX+ Here it is [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the idea of these suits but I feel like 2 layers of fabric on the shoulders would cause a little restriction. Could swimming in a sleeved tri suit also stretch out the shoulder area fabric?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy PZ4TX+ Here it is [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I like the idea of these suits but I feel like 2 layers of fabric on the shoulders would cause a little restriction.

I've swam in the Kiwami Aquarush over my long sleeved tri suit, and it really didn't feel any different than if I was wearing just the tri suit.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I like the idea of these suits but I feel like 2 layers of fabric on the shoulders would cause a little restriction. Could swimming in a sleeved tri suit also stretch out the shoulder area fabric?

Agree completely. This is one of the biggest reasons I have rolled down my sleeved suit for every race I've worn it at. I do think swimming with it completely over the shoulder stretches it out and possibly negating some of the aero benefit. But with it rolled down, its pretty damn hard to get it over your shoulders without any wrinkles while running to your bike and in T1.

I am planning to test swimming with my sleeved kit completely on in a local sprint here in 2 weeks.

A sleeved swim skin with a sleeved tri suit underneath is really no different than wetsuit with a sleeved tri suit underneath. Many people do this with a wetsuit and claim no issues.

It's completely individual and personal preference IMO.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, another $300+ piece of equipment to buy!

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$85 more expensive than Kiwami Aquarush
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy PZ4TX+ Here it is [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runner Rick wrote:
BryanD wrote:
I like the idea of these suits but I feel like 2 layers of fabric on the shoulders would cause a little restriction.

I've swam in the Kiwami Aquarush over my long sleeved tri suit, and it really didn't feel any different than if I was wearing just the tri suit.

That's what I find interesting all the companies what I see as false claims on suits that could legally be used by a pool swimmer yet did you see Phelps or any men wearing one at the olympics??? Three years ago at Kona myself and a friend who always swim similar times swam basically the same time. I wore a suit and they didn't. The only reason I wore one the last few years was so I could wear my sleeved tri suit rolled up at my waist. I may not now that ruling has now changed.
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy PZ4TX+ Here it is [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim skins are banned by FINA. They were allowed years ago and records were broken. They banned them after that.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jul 20, 17 20:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Swim skins are banned by FINA. They were allowed years ago and records were broken. They banned them after that.

They were the old style suits that had buoyancy and often the swimmer would wear several of them. The new tri suits are Fina legal.

http://www.triathlete.com/2014/07/training/ask-ref-race-legal-swimwear_101848
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any info (data or anecdotal) on the performance of this sleeved suit vs. the sleeveless version? blueseventy has a statement on your link that seems to indicate adding the sleeves may add some marginal speed: "Long cut short sleeves provide additional skin and compression coverage for faster swims". They don't add the qualifier of "if wearing a sleeved tri top underneath".

I still use sleeveless tri kits (prefer that style for thermal reasons) so don't necessarily "need" a sleeved swimskin, but if it's faster would consider it (because faster's the whole point, right?)
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy PZ4TX+ Here it is [heliskyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kiwami had some data showing their Aqua Rush swimskin to be faster

Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy PZ4TX+ Here it is [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
BryanD wrote:

They were the old style suits that had buoyancy and often the swimmer would wear several of them. The new tri suits are Fina legal.

http://www.triathlete.com/2014/07/training/ask-ref-race-legal-swimwear_101848

in the pool, suits for men must be jammers, can't come past the navel or below the knee.

The regs are different for open water swimming.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Yeah I really want to see the testing and protocol. The Aqua Rush was so slow in my testing. I was blown away, I thought it could be slightly better. I didn't think it would perform nearly as bad as it did. I have a PZ4TX in my possession that Blueseventy sent me (I do have a sponsorship with them), but I don't know if I will have any time to test. I haven't been wearing the regular PZ4, just a regular Kiwami Trisuit and it has been smoking fast in testing and in actual races.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy PZ4TX+ Here it is [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John hooked me up with a PZ4TX+, have a half in a couple weeks, not a WTC race, usually I would wear a PZ3 but going to try out the new suit. Debate as if I want to roll my tri suit down like Steve said earlier in the thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 New rules ........... why would it matter if it's WTC?
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy PZ4TX+ Here it is [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PZ3 is legal as is the PZ3+ per USAT, no changes yet. WTC different story

https://www.teamusa.org/...s/Approved-Skinsuits
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy PZ4TX+ Here it is [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Yeah I really want to see the testing and protocol. The Aqua Rush was so slow in my testing. I was blown away, I thought it could be slightly better. I didn't think it would perform nearly as bad as it did. I have a PZ4TX in my possession that Blueseventy sent me (I do have a sponsorship with them), but I don't know if I will have any time to test. I haven't been wearing the regular PZ4, just a regular Kiwami Trisuit and it has been smoking fast in testing and in actual races.

While I'm skeptical of Kiwami's claims for the Aqua Rush, I'm surprised by your results. Hmmm.... maybe a winter project.
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy PZ4TX+ Here it is [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
BryanD wrote:

While I'm skeptical of Kiwami's claims for the Aqua Rush, I'm surprised by your results. Hmmm.... maybe a winter project.

Yeah like I mentioned privately, the water is just too warm right now to do any testing. I like to do really long sets for testing, but sometimes I have to get out of the lake and go get a drink of water after 15 mins because I get so dehydrated.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So ................... I don't see why this would not be legal for the upcoming 70.3 WC - no?
The FAQ's on the site for the WC is a bit confusing with regard to this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's legal for WTC, cannot go past the elbow pretty black and white, no different than wearing a sleeved trisuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FAQ's. Question #4 states that your swimwear (swim skin, speed suit, etc) is not allowed to extend past your shoulder.

Question #5 speaks to compression gear and your race kit which is allowed to extend to but not past your elbow and knee.

So it makes APPEAR that if wetsuits are not allowed, then you can wear a sleeved tri jersey but you cannot wear a sleeved swim skin.

Hoping I'm just reading wrong. Thanks for your response BTW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't see how it would be illegal, it was worn/tested in Kona last year. Read the athlete guide for 70.3 WC, I'm 99.78% sure I read in there under the swim section that swimwear cannot go past the elbow.
Quote Reply

Prev Next