Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blood Testing
Quote | Reply
What blood tests are you getting?
Annually? Or more often?

What specific biomarkers are you tracking?

Thanks

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Re: Blood Testing [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yoe400800 wrote:

Annually? Or more often?

Thanks

I did a complete write-up with actual test results of my blood test here. I plan to get them at least semi-annual, maybe quarterly. Someone also suggested that I may have too much lead in my diet based on the amount of cocoa I have in my diet so I will be adding a lead test as well for s&gs.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Blood Testing [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yoe400800 wrote:
Annually? Or more often?

Thanks

I just did an article on InsideTracker on the main page that may provide a bit of a background. Money not being an issue, SME's suggest testing around various training blocks and before races to get a baseline. Once you have a baseline, you can reduce the number of markers needed to be tested. As I mentioned in my initial test, sometimes, you can be surprised by what markers are out of whack and which ones aren't? Deciding exactly which ones off the top can be difficult due to a number of factors (type of diet, training, stress, where you live, etc)....There are now a couple of companies offering such testing (Blueprint for Athletes is another). Each have some decent blogs/details on which markers and why...good luck
Quote Reply