Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blister Protection that will make it through a 70.3
Quote | Reply

I get the occasional blister between my large toe and it's neighbor. I usually just wrap it in paper tape and I am fine to run long distances. Does anyone have recommendations for using a tape for blister protection that will make through the swim and bike of a 70.3 in order to provide protection for the run?

I have found standard paper tape does not work well for me after a swim. I am curious what other's do... Thank you!

Quote Reply
Re: Blister Protection that will make it through a 70.3 [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had good luck with kinesio tape (such as KT Tape brand). Soft, stretchy and "waterproof".

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Blister Protection that will make it through a 70.3 [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duct tape.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Medipore tape works for me. I use it to support my 2nd toes--seems I broke them during the last 70.3 I did. So I use a piece and use it to wrap around my toes. Helps great for keeping my toes from getting hurt, and should probably work fine against blisters. I also use it on my nips.

It stays on during the swim (did during 140.6) if you can wrap it around a toe. If you are not wrapping it (e.g., just putting it flat across your foot)? I don't know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Injinji socks with the separate toes for longer runs, they are great. For long trail runs I will wear a thin pair of them under a thicker pair of normal running socks for further protection from the grit and dust that works its way into the shoe and between the toes. The only downside is it does take longer to put them on during a race transition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fabric-ish band-aid that's supposed to be good for sports. I keep a couple in my transition bag.

I put one on the day before Choo 70.3 and did a ride/run. I was going to put on a new one for the race, but forgot. I ended up taking it off in the shower, after the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Blister Protection that will make it through a 70.3 [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mole skin!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Band-aid brand blister pads for toes (not for heels...unless you have blisters on other spots of the feet...then use those). They work great, stick great, will last 7 days. Put them on the night before. You will never be sorry (except they aren't cheap).
Quote Reply
Re: Blister Protection that will make it through a 70.3 [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2. Got them for using with Clayton 2's which I still have arch blister issues with. Seems to keep them at bay so far.
Quote Reply