Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Black Diamond Long Course - Seattle
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Taking a shot in the dark here, hoping someone on the board has done the Black Diamond Long Course and can share a .gpx file with me. I need the file to run some scenarios on Best Bike Split.

So.....help me support our local, independent races and share the file if you have it.

Thanks!

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Black Diamond Long Course - Seattle [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
done the race nine times, no files, what you wanna know?

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Black Diamond Long Course - Seattle [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MapMyRide has some uploads of that race. This is the most recent one I could find:

http://www.mapmyride.com/...bike-route-120311643

I remember the course changed a few years back, so I'm not sure if that link is the current course or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Black Diamond Long Course - Seattle [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the 2004-2005 versions were a bit longer and much hillier than the current course is.

Run course was different as well.

As it is now, this *could* be a PB course

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you can build your own GPX files. map the course in google maps then take that link (of the directions) over to a gpx converter and voila.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping this as I signed up to do this race next month.

Overall it looks like a fast course (rolling hills with minimal elevation gain). Any general tips from those who've done it before or things you wish you knew/thought of? I've never been to the area, what's the weather like in terms of typical sunshine/temps/wind/etc? I'm guessing the roads are in good condition given that it's western Washington. They haven't specified what the plan is for the bike aid stations yet. I'm planning on using 2 bottles/cages and was hoping to just exchange one of the bottles at a station, so I was wondering what they handed out bottle wise in the past.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Black Diamond Long Course - Seattle [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, it's a fast course. I missed my first sub 5 hour half by three seconds.

On that note, the last mile of the run is an exception to this.....it is a bitch. Partially because I was chasing that PR, and partially because it is a trail that constantly goes up, down and around. Nothing insurmountable, but give yourself a bit of a cushion if you are chasing time. Trust me, that mile can hurt.

The rest of the course is relatively flat for these parts.

Great vibe, well organized and a great local event. Old school beer garden after the race, and my 5:00.02 earned me a custom beer pint to wash away my anguish over those 3 seconds.

Edit: don't recall the bottle station logistics. I'm self sufficient with 3 bottles of Infinit, so not the best source on that info. September is usually our finest month for weather, crisp in the am.

Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Aug 24, 16 13:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up on the last mile of the run. Bummer about the 3 seconds, but a nice pint would wash away the pain a bit!

Matt
Quote Reply