Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike seat morphs into bike lock
Quote | Reply
A bike seat that is also a bike lock. Thought this was cool. I have no stake in the company whatsoever.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...ock-in-one-amazing-p

"Some guys they just give up living, and start dying little by little piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racin' in the street." Bruce Springsteen
Quote Reply
Re: Bike seat morphs into bike lock [Bigcreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the design and can see a big market for it, but it will all depend on the mechanism that attaches and detaches the saddle to the seatpost being able to withstand a beating. The repeated stress of use is sure to take a toll which will be amplified by the fact the saddle is taking the full force of the riders weight. I have a hard enough time keeping the hinges and cables on my folding bike working properly from basic commuting wear and tear and these don't support my full weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike seat morphs into bike lock [Bigcreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clever idea, espeically for casual commuters, grocery getters, etc in slightly safer areas.

BTW, did they choose that rider w no bra and camel toe on purpose??? ;)

Quote | Reply
Love the idea! What I would prefer to see is a locking mechanism that you can attach to a saddle of your choice, thus transforming any saddle in to one of these locks. Not sure how that would work, or what it would look like, but to me that would be ideal. Probably less so for your average commuter as it would complicate install.

Either way, this looks like a very cool product.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike seat morphs into bike lock [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks awesome. The first thing that came to mind is if they sell it for $129, I need to ask them to make the quick release adaptor work for regular saddles so I don't have to pay $800 for the "Switchit" .
Quote Reply
Re: Bike seat morphs into bike lock [irontri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guess I just don't see the advantage over a coil wrapped around the seat tube for a regular bicycle.

irontri wrote:
BTW, did they choose that rider w no bra and camel toe on purpose??? ;)

Got me to go back and look at it.
Quote Reply