Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike purchase Advice
Quote | Reply
Hi new to this thread, New to the sport of tri's and would really like to get a tri bike so i do not want to use my road bike for competitions. Someone in my local area is selling his tri bike via Facebook and I wanted some opinions on if it is a good deal since I'm not all to familiar with value of tri bikes.

If you're unable to load the pictures, the description is the frame is a 2012 special edition fuji d-6 with (from the seller): "Built this bike up from the frame. Zipp Vuka cockpit w/ new zipp stem. SRAM red 10 speed-shifters & deraillers. Quarq power meter w/ FSA cranks. Vuelta sl wheel set. New sella tri saddle. I've done IM Texas & multiple 70.3s on this bike. It's s solid bike that's won lots of hardware for me. Hate to get rid of it but moving to electronic shifting. Price is firm".

My concerns is if this is a good buy? I don't know too much about fuji and if this is a good frame and/or if the wheels are even worth taking with the bike since they most likely need to be upgraded. Since this is a custom build, its hard to find the MRSP value of such bike. The asking price is $2,200. Any help is appreciated, thanks!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Bike purchase Advice [derekwockee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For $2200 that's a solid deal if it was my SIZE and I was looking to buy another bike I would take it. Most newer frames by itself is already $2000. Bike looks new, I estimate that bike to be roughly $4000 msrp and can easily sold for $3000.

Rain*
Last edited by: Rainstar: May 22, 15 12:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with Rainstar. As long as it's as advertised and hasn't been crashed, looks like a nice bike. Had the Zipp Vukas on my old Felt DA and they are nice. Would probably want to upgrade the wheels at some point, but as-is, I think it looks good.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The asking price is $2,200. Any help is appreciated, thanks!!!

That is a slow frame. Looks like some very good parts and the Quarq is nice, but the frame kills it.

Just buy a new Cervelo P2 with 105 if you don't know bikes that well. Trolling used is treacherous. You need to know what they are worth and also check for wear, defects, damage, etc.

Quote Reply
Re: Bike purchase Advice [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious, but can you elaborate on how this is a slow frame? I have the same frame that I'm building up and just wanted to know.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike purchase Advice [Brian7581] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's been wind tunnel tests on it. Maybe aeroweenie has the data listed or look on google. But I think this is one where even the eyeball works. The seatstay seattube junction is atrocious.

It's probably a fine frame otherwise though, unless you have high ambitions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for everyone's replies. This bike is only one of my option that I am looking at and I'm open to other bikes.

In regards to rruff, i couldn't find such data on the frame, though fuji at the time of release claimed it to be the fastest aero frame only second to cervelo i believe?

If I don't get this bike, my budget is roughly 2k, is there any bike in that range that anyone recommends?
I also lurk the used listings (ebay, craigslist) because some gems pop up at times. What questions/concerns should I be asking the seller in regards of the bike?

Thanks again for everyone's help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great deal!

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take rruff's advice and check out the new Cervelo P2 with Shimano 105 components. Proven aero and it can be upgraded over time with parts to be as aero as almost any bike on the market. Depending on where you buy, this bike will be a few hundred over that $2k threshold.

The powermeter is a plus, but the old Quarq Cinqos may have longevity and waterproofing issues. Quarq has offered discounted trade ins to get these models out of circulation.
Quote Reply