Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike crash
Quote | Reply
Ok so this past weekend I went WAY to hot into a corner and hit a guard rail. Now my ankle is buggered and have a couple cracked ribs. My season is over anyway. Went to the doctor and he has given me a timeline of 2-3 months for full recovery. Is this for real? I've recovered from worse way quicker! I know I should heed my doctors advice but he is new and terribly young. What say the Slowtwitch forum?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike crash [askimdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll tell you to listen to your doctor, or get another opinion from another doctor. We have not seen your x-rays or examined your injuries.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike crash [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking of getting another opinion. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Rub some dirt in it and walk it off!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have broken bones then it will be 3 months until you can give it any beans. You might be able to get away with light training after 6-8 weeks, but the issue with a broken rib is what it is over. Puncture a lung and you will be in a world of trouble.

Depends on how you define buggered and cracked. I see people where I work (I'm a physio) where buggered and cracked means bone shattered in 5 places with an external fixator, and I see those where it's a bit of a tweak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ankle is buggered > sorry, not familiar with that as an injury or medical term. Break something? Sprain something? Ever hear about pro athletes with high ankle sprains and how long they are out?

Cracked ribs = broken ribs (even if not clean through) . Those buggers take a while to heal, especially when you keep breathing all the time and making them move.

Yeah, a few months sounds reasonable.
Quote Reply