Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Bike Trainer Headphones - Sweatproof/Resistant
Quote | Reply
Yes I did a search.....

I do most of my riding indoors. I have used wireless bluetooth earbuds, wired earbuds and most recently decided I would try my Beats Studio Headphones. I liked how they drowned out everything and put me in my own world....watching a movie....and they were more comfortable than earbuds stuck in my ears for 4 hours.

Apparently they don't like sweat (I sweat a ton).....they appear to be toast.

Anyone have recommendations for the best headphones for sweaty trainer rides??
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Headphones - Sweatproof/Resistant [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm following since mine never last more than 2-3 months of heavy trainer sweat
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Headphones - Sweatproof/Resistant [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an old set of over ear sennheiser hedphones and they're going strong after years of abuse on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Headphones - Sweatproof/Resistant [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are they Bluetooth?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Headphones - Sweatproof/Resistant [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I myself used Dr. Dre beats and they were the best earbuds I've ever had, but as you said, they don't like heavy sweat. I had the earbud style which I like better than headphones.

I have a set of parasom Bluetooth earbuds now, I may have seen them mentioned on slowtwitch somewhere. They are ~$25 on amazom. I could only ask that they are a little bit louder, but for $25 I can deal with it. I used them indoors most of last winter and they are still going strong, a lot longer than my beats ever did.

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used Jaybird X, have used them for 3 years or close to it, never a problem.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Headphones - Sweatproof/Resistant [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would never use jaybird, I went through 3 pairs in 6 months it I used mine at least once a day for workouts... ware of money and customer service was horrible

Never again

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old ipod earphones connected to a small Bluetooth receiver inside a small plastic bag tucked around the back of the bib shorts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in this too. I've killed two pairs of jaybirds and two pairs of Powerbeats 3, all within six months of purchase. I'm currently back on the regular wired headphones that come with an iPhone until I can find a truly sweat proof Bluetooth headphone.

Anyone have experience with the apple air pods?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got these, and I absolutely love them. I chose over-ear to help attenuate the trainer noise. I intentionally do not want wireless or anything that needs a charge or battery. I bought cheap, because I assumed they would die. I have had them for almost 18 months with no issues. I would buy them again in a minute.

https://www.amazon.com/...phones/dp/B00005N9D3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a sweater, and the wired Apple earpods (the older style ones, with headphone jack) have proven to be the most reliable thing I've used. I use them for running and on the trainer. The in-line remote and mic give out earlier, but the earpods keep on trucking (even after occasionally putting them through the wash). I go through at most one set a year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://aftershokz.com/products/trekz-titanium

i had these, loved them. lost them when i rolled my surfski. was a sad day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got these for my wife for christmas and she loves them, uses them nearly everyday on the trainer and for all of her runs. For 20 bucks you can't go wrong!

https://www.amazon.com/...00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use an old pair or Sony headphones - cost about £30. They have lasted about two years so far with regular abuse / dripping with sweat. I sometimes use my beats ear buds. I wouldn't think about using my beats over ear headphones - wouldn't risk trashing a £300 pair of headphones!

So, my input would be a cheap pair of over ear headphones that you don't mind trashing. These are the ones that have so far gone two years for me:

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5264779

Loud enough and I have a 3 metre cable extender so not fussed about bluetooth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apple AirPods
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've bought everything from wireless $180 Jaybirds to $24 Chinese no name brands. These seem to be the best bang for the buck and they last forever. Roughly $35 and they last.

The design holds them in your ears without relying on foam.

--------------------------

TEAM HONEY BADGER
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Headphones - Sweatproof/Resistant [bentessone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tagging this thread. Is the fitment of the Airbuds the same as the wired version?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Headphones - Sweatproof/Resistant [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They look the same, however I found them to stay in my ear on rides, runs, etc... despite sweat, body movement, head movement, etc.. very stable, small and comfortable. Of course, the AirPods work only with Apple products (iPhone, ...).
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Headphones - Sweatproof/Resistant [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoff14 wrote:
Tagging this thread. Is the fitment of the Airbuds the same as the wired version?

Yes - the shape is identical. However, the fit is much better (for me) simply due to the lack of a cord always conspiring to pull them downward.

I really like them for running. Never had one work its way out, whereas with all wired or wireless-but-connected earbuds I found myself having to readjust/reinsert periodically.

I also like being able to use one in the right ear when riding outside. Keeps the left ear clear for better monitoring of the external environment.

To answer OP, I sweat like crazy and haven't had any issues with these. But I've only had them for 6 months. I don't use them on the trainer, yet, but I ought to research a bluetooth solution for my TV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had THESE for over 18 months now and they've been great. I've used them on most of my runs (both treadmill and outside), in the gym, and on my trainer and had no issues whatsoever. Pretty decent battery life (I think they claim 5 hours continuous play but I've never used them for that long) and I just try to remember to throw them on charge maybe once a week. They come with a few different silicone tips and earpieces and I had no trouble finding a good fit that stays in when I run.

I have a pair of Beats over-ear and Bose earbuds (both wired) and the sound quality obviously isn't on par with those, but for me that's a fair trade for the reliability and price. I will occasionally use my Beats if I'm watching something on the trainer/treadmill that requires me to pay very close attention, just so I don't miss any dialogue.

Like others have said, for $25 if they die tomorrow or I lose them it's no big deal, whereas if I nuked my $200 Beats I'd be pretty pissed.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Headphones - Sweatproof/Resistant [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ck21trhc wrote:
I would never use jaybird, I went through 3 pairs in 6 months it I used mine at least once a day for workouts... ware of money and customer service was horrible

Never again

I have Jaybird X3's for the treadmill. They have lasted 6 months.....the charging light no longer works so I can't tell if they charging when I plug them in....but the headphones still work. Not pleased....they were not cheap. Won't buy them again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a very heavy sweater.. JLAB makes some great headphones... I use the wired ones for running, the epic BT (Bluetooth but the two ear pods are connected) for life and the epic air for my cycling workouts. I prefer the totally wireless when I'm in aero, so I don't have to worry about the cord that's running between the two ear pods.

Haven't killed one them yet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although I hesitate a little to recommend the brand in general, I'm a heavy sweater and have so far had good luck with the Bose SoundSports, picked them up on serious sale a while back.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Headphones - Sweatproof/Resistant [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
niccolo wrote:
Although I hesitate a little to recommend the brand in general, I'm a heavy sweater and have so far had good luck with the Bose SoundSports, picked them up on serious sale a while back.

+1

Heavy sweater and have good luck with Bose SS

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer Headphones - Sweatproof/Resistant [nbaffaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nbaffaro wrote:
https://aftershokz.com/products/trekz-titanium

i had these, loved them. lost them when i rolled my surfski. was a sad day.

wife just got these, i've tried them a couple times, they're totally sweet and I'm getting a pair for myself.

my jaybirds are complete crap, battery life is a joke and sound sucks

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply

Prev Next