Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Storage Help
Quote | Reply
I'm at my dad's condo and could barely park the car this morning the garage was so filled with bikes. I'd like to get some on the walls or even the ceiling, but the condo used metal framing behind the walls. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to store 7-10 bikes as compactly as possible without having studs to drill into?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Storage Help [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put the bikes in the house where they belong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...or, leave the car outside where IT belongs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can mount hangers/racks/sexswings/ect into a metal studed house, yiu just have to buy the proper hardware. Look for sheet metal scree or the like at lowes, if i remember right (sold my metal framed house 10ish years ago) they even sell speciality screws just for that purpose.

To dumb to quit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get a bike storage rack with multiple bikes holding capacity. There are racks available that can hold upto 4 to 5 bikes easily and you can have 2 of them if you are looking to manage 10 bikes. Visit your local bike store or get them online. Consider this article to browse different types of options for racks.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Storage Help [bewlione] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My apartment has metal studs as well, I used high weight capacity drywall anchors (50-100 lbs I think) and they work great. I've used the same to put up bookshelves that are pretty heavy + the books, etc. on top as well so pretty comfortable with them. They do leave a nice nasty hole in your drywall though so gotta get it right the first time.
Quote Reply