Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Shoes for Triathlon
Quote | Reply
Any good recs? Anything specific to look for? I have a pair of Tri-Lite Louis Garneau that have served me well for two years..but they are shot.

I bought them without any research, so it was an uniformed decision. Any advice welcome
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shoes for Triathlon [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am partial to Specialized Shoes. Love the TriVents. A bit wider than other shoes which for me is a good thing. Quality last long as well.

Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shoes for Triathlon [~C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Is there anything specific I should know about tri bike shoes? anything to look for in terms of fit or anything?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fit is individual specific. A Good bike shop can go a long way in assisting you in getting the right pair. you can save money online but nothing beats a knowledgeable person assisting you. It really depends on your foot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a pair of the bont riot tr this year and really enjoyed them. Comfortable shoe that are heat moldable as well.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shimano TR-30(?) Cheap, quality, comfortable. That's about as good as it gets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the trivent and they were so narrow I was literally not able to close the Velcro strap. My feet are pretty normal. I fit fine in every shoe I ever tried. No idea what was up with the trivent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
~C wrote:
Fit is individual specific. A Good bike shop can go a long way in assisting you in getting the right pair. you can save money online but nothing beats a knowledgeable person assisting you. It really depends on your foot.

That's a great plan if anybody carried 49-50.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking for new shoes here too, I have been looking at some road shoes since I am focusing on long course.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shoes for Triathlon [runobx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mavic helium are very popular. i have the tr-31 they are nice. i guess i would prefer nicer. not a deal breaker.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shoes for Triathlon [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have wide feet and thats why I like specialized they are wider than others it seems. And I dont mean the wide version. I size up the same as my running shoes and they fit fine where other brands have closed off my picky toe.

thats why shoes are very individual I suppose.
Quote Reply