Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Shoe size comparison specialized/ northwave
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
Just need a short info.
I'm thinking about getting a pair of Northwave Flash Arctic GTX but don’t know about how they run.
I only used specialized bike shoes so far but the defroster isn’t available as a road version right now.
Any hints appreciated.
Thanks

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shoe size comparison specialized/ northwave [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on sample of N=1 I'd say Specialized come up a little smaller than Northwave, but that's comparing a Specialized tri shoe to a Northwave winter MTB boot so possibly not the best comparison.

Best advice is try it on or at least order from somewhere you can return for a full refund if it doesn't fit. Life is too short for uncomfortable bike shoes!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shoe size comparison specialized/ northwave [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, that’s why I’m asking. The only vendor is from another country so I would have to pay the shipping back if it doesn’t fit, probably worth the try.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own the Sepcialized Road expert and Northwave Extreme RR, both in EU size 48, and my feeling is the Northwave is half a size smaller.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shoe size comparison specialized/ northwave [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very helpful thanx a lot.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Special S-works and Northwave Extreme. Both have 2 BOAs and no velcro straps. I wear a US12 for dress shoes and a 13 for running shoes. 47 in Specialized and 46 in Northwave. Both fit well.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shoe size comparison specialized/ northwave [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, now we have some seems a little smaller,others same and others a little bigger ;-)
I’ll give the same size a try and let ya all know when I get em.

-shoki
Quote Reply