Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Help Needed for Chicago Triple Challenge 8/29 -8/30
Quote | Reply
I'm signed up for the Triple Challenge in Chicago on 8/29-8/30. My issue is that if I ship my bike via Tribike Transport, I'll be without my tri bike for 3 weeks. Not a huge deal if I wasn't in the middle of a build for an IM in October and that would mean missing crucial long ride weekends on my bike. The scheduling is my fault, obviously but things came up kind of last minute and this is the situation I find myself in.

Any ideas on where I may be able to rent a tri bike for the race? I'd even be willing to rent from a ST'er if someone was willing to go that route. I have 7 years experience from sprints to IM's, so not a pro but also not a newbie. I am 6' and 180 for a size reference. I'm just looking for anything that would work. I've never ridden a road bike in a race so would rather find a tri bike if possible but it doesn't have to be a superbike or anything, though that would be bad ass!

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas. I'm staying in the Goldcoast section near Michigan Ave.

"It's too dangerous and expensive to ride with d*ckheads" -tridork

Last edited by: SWM_LIKE_A_ROCK: Aug 4, 15 9:10
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Help Needed for Chicago Triple Challenge 8/29 -8/30 [SWM_LIKE_A_ROCK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check spinlister?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Help Needed for Chicago Triple Challenge 8/29 -8/30 [whiteandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did and I saw a couple, but at $165 a day that's not an option. This is a quick in and out trip just to race with a couple buddies and the spending needs to be kept to a minimum. Thanks for the reply :-)

--

Quote Reply
Re: Bike Help Needed for Chicago Triple Challenge 8/29 -8/30 [SWM_LIKE_A_ROCK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a Divvy category. Just sayin'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Chicago Tri Club is quite big and someone may be able to help you -- here is there contact info -- good luck

ctcinfo@chicagotriclub.com

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Help Needed for Chicago Triple Challenge 8/29 -8/30 [feman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Graham. I'll reach out and see if someone's able to help me out.

Have a great night.

Craig

---

Quote Reply