Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Fit Feedback
Quote | Reply
If anyone knowledgable cares to offer feedback on my fit, I would appreciate it. Did Retul a year ago, but raised the saddle a little today. May extend bars a bit, and will be lowering bars 1/2cm soon.

Want the most aggressive position I can get since I'm only doing short-course races this year.

Thanks
Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Feedback [moparflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you look good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
moparflyer wrote:
If anyone knowledgable cares to offer feedback on my fit, I would appreciate it. Did Retul a year ago, but raised the saddle a little today. May extend bars a bit, and will be lowering bars 1/2cm soon.

Want the most aggressive position I can get since I'm only doing short-course races this year.

Thanks
Ryan
Looks good. As long as hip angle, cadence, and power remain optimal, your plan to lower bars should yield even better aero-ness with a smaller front profile.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This video isn't very helpful as the angle is wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Feedback [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you be more specific? It's a side profile - what camera angle would you recommend?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Camera needs to be level with top tube.

Just a quick look the question I have is "do you find your saddle cormrtable" based on the way your sitting on it, I'd say no. You should be rotating there more
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zachboring wrote:

That's a good place to start
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Feedback [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
zachboring wrote:

That's a good place to start

Ok since this is coming up..

Borrowed a go pro from my dad a little while back, first video I tested totally forgot to turn off wide angle and there was incredible distortion.

I redid one a few weeks back (card in surface at home not on work laptop so can't post).

What I did was find the distance from the ground for my lowest pedal stroke and slightly above where I would be checking my hip. I then figured out the center point of the low and high point taking into account where that would be in relation to the ground since the camera wasn't floating in the air.

I placed the camera on the suction mount and a stool, which ended up without any adjustment putting it within a half inch of that point if I recall correctly. I also took a measurement off my gym flooring edge that would allow me to center the camera front to back in the middle of the stroke. Then leveled the camera and shot the video like that.

Was that way overkill? not enough? completely wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Feedback [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddle is comfortable. I raised the seat about 1cm prior to the video - so perhaps I am just not used to it yet. I've done 3 IM's with my previous configuration (just a lower seat height).

Any thoughts on extending the aero bars a bit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
moparflyer wrote:
...Any thoughts on extending the aero bars a bit?
Try it and see (10mm, etc.). Be sure to ride outdoors to determine handling changes that may, or may not, suit you.
Quote Reply