Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Biike Fit suggestions in Seattle
Quote | Reply
I want to go get dialed in with a pre-fit prior to finalizing everything with my new bike. I've reviewed the list of fitters, as well as the Retul site. I figured I'd see if anyone has any specific people they've worked with?
Quote Reply
Re: Biike Fit suggestions in Seattle [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, wrong side of washington here. Good luck in your search anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're near the Kirkland headquarters of BikeFit - Paul Swift is the guy to talk to, although he might be hard to get in with.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used BikeFit in Kirkland wth great results last year. Owner Paul Swift posts here from time to time (Swifty). I worked with his wife, Kit, who's a physical therapist as well as a bike fitter and bike fit trainer. Was having some foot issues the past several years and she resolved those issues. Here's Kit's info.
Quote Reply
Re: Biike Fit suggestions in Seattle [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll check out BikeFit. I was blown away that one or two of the fitters charged $375 for a prepurchase bike fit especially when I have a general idea on my coordinates, I just need to validate the numbers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear you. I also had my coordinates, but was tired of my ongoing feet issues and that is their speciality so I was willing to pay a premium. But yeah, it's spendy for a simple bike fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reed over at Speedy Reedy, Fremont, is the shop owner and a knowledgeable, capable fitter. A friend and I have used him with good success.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if you got your bike fit yet, but here's a chance to get a BIkeFit fit for cheap (I think you'd be part of a fit class, but at the end of the day you'd have a bike fit).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks I saw that. Only problem is they are looking for someone who has a bike and I'm just determining which size I need between a couple bikes.

As for Reed (and Brooke) at Speedy Reedy, they are who I normally use but they don't have a fit bike for sizing purposes. Thanks for the suggestion though...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Erik Moen at Corpore Sano in Kenmore? He's The Man. They have a fit bike.

http://www.corporesanopt.com/sports-performance/

I went there for PT and my insurance covered it. Not sure what bike fit would cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll put a plug in for Brian Venable (Venny) the new owner at Edge and Spoke (formerly Gerk's and the Alpine Hut in downtown Redmond). I'm super happy with the fit I got from him. They're a Specialized shop so it's the Specialized BG fit.

Full disclosure, they are my team's shop sponsor.

I've also had fits from Erik Moen at Corpore Sano in the past as well and was pleased with his work too.

Cheers!
Last edited by: goneskiian: Apr 16, 14 10:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neal Goldberg at Footworks PT has done several fits for me and he is fantastic. He is in downtown Seattle and does have a fit bike in his studio.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may want to look in to Northwest Tri and Bike. I have not used them, but they do have a fit bike and are F.I.S.T. certified. Here's their info: http://www.northwesttriandbike.com/bike-fits.html.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second Kit Vogel, she is amazingly good and has the clinical experience to back it up. Also if you have physical therapy benefits in your health insurance she bills most insurances. again can't say enough good things about Kit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Pete,

I see from subsequent threads you got your fit, and a SC. Who did you end up working with?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Biike Fit suggestions in Seattle [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went out to Bike Masters for the initial retul fit on the MUVE bike to get my general numbers and then worked with Colin Gibson at Cycle University to dial in the finite details. Colin is one of the top TT guys in the state and has gone through the Specialized BG fit program. My experience with both was great. I've worked with SpeedyReedy (both Brooke and Reed) in the past as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Why did you start with Bike Masters and finish with Cycle U?

I'm in my third season on a fit that works for me, but would like to work with a knowledgable fitter to refine my fit and identify my next TT bike. Ideally, a fitter with a tool such as Retul.

Fwiw, I'm familiar with Speedy Reed and Cycle U, but unfamiliar with Bike Masters.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Biike Fit suggestions in Seattle [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The retul fit was really about general coordinates for me as my existing bike (Kestrel Talon) did not provide the right geometry. Bike Masters is out in Maple Valley area. They have a full motion capture system and are very reasonably priced for a "pre-fit"... I went to Colin at CycleU to help match the SC to my retul numbers and dial in any tweaks he thought would be helpful (for long course and tt specific racing)...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another fan of Erik Moen at Corpore Sano. Was there a couple of weeks ago and am very satisfied with his adjustments. I was having some knee issues and he has helped to alleviate them with a proper fit.
Quote Reply