Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Big Sexy Racing Sleeved Tri Suit - thoughts?
Quote | Reply
My team is getting our custom gear from Big Sexy Racing. I must say the gear looks great, seems high-quality and I am looking forward to it. Last season I raced in an off-the-shelf LG M2 Course. For the most part I liked it, and it has great aero test results given it fits well. Seams did rub painful sores on my hamstrings when running though.

This year I will be racing in the BSR sleeved tri suit. Anyone have experience on this suit. Any opinions on aero vs. the M2? As long as it fits well should it be comparable, or does the fancy patterned fabric on the sleeves of the M2 really make a big difference?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Big Sexy Racing Sleeved Tri Suit - thoughts? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My YMCA has told one of our swimmers that he is not to wear his BSR swimwear during hours when kids are typically around (like Sunday morning).

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure it's a Champion Systems suit with custom print. Try looking for info on that.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Sexy Racing Sleeved Tri Suit - thoughts? [Elitist Jerk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it's absolutely not a Champion Systems kit with custom colors.

I have the cycling kit and it's by far the best kit i've ever worn. I will say it's a race cut fit. I wouldn't size up or down lengths are the same, but they are very well made.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Sexy Racing Sleeved Tri Suit - thoughts? [TurboVette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, definitely not Champion Systems. I'm getting a cycling kit, convertible jacket, arm warmers plus the tri suit. Glad to hear you like it!

Searching around I think it might be Nimblewear.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Big Sexy Racing Sleeved Tri Suit - thoughts? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
My YMCA has told one of our swimmers that he is not to wear his BSR swimwear during hours when kids are typically around (like Sunday morning).

Why?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Big Sexy Racing Sleeved Tri Suit - thoughts? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
klehner wrote:

Why?

I guess they don't like someone walking around with "Big Sexy" written on his butt.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's probably Zoca, who has supplied the team in 2 of the 3 years, including last year. The webstore looks just like the zoca one, as do the descriptions and levels of materials.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing that is you have to proclaim either of those attributes on your kit, you are probably neither.

Wink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It defiantly is Nimblewear. There was a Nimblewear card attached with the material card on the item I received.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Sexy Racing Sleeved Tri Suit - thoughts? [tridawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is not Nimblewear. BigSexyGear is it's own brand.

I have tested it, and on me, the platinum level fabric skinsuit tested faster than the LG M2 suit.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Sexy Racing Sleeved Tri Suit - thoughts? [TurboVette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Brand and a manufacturer are different. The brand may be Big Sexy but the patterns are nimblewear and the factory where they are made is obviously nimble. just looks at the materials and patterns... just review the pic.
Last edited by: tridawg: Feb 16, 17 12:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When it comes to sleeves suits, if they don't fit you're wasting time on the big leg....literally.

I don't care how good a suit looks, if it's wrinkly and ill fitting it's going to be slow(er). In my testing that I've done on this suit and others in the past no "sponsorship" is worth wearing a poor fitting sleeved aero suit

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Feb 17, 17 7:23
Quote Reply