Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Big Carbon Ouch - Truck runs into Tri Lab storefront
Quote | Reply
Last night a U Haul crashed into the storefront of our local tri shop. Basically took out the entire facade

Surveillance video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-36ajwWHjpQ&sns=fb

Thoughts of a speedy boarding up and insurance payment....
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jul 16, 14 12:35
Quote Reply
Re: Big Carbon Ouch - Truck runs into Tri Lab storefront [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is just nuts! They said they are closed down indefinitely starting today on Facebook... not a good sign.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Carbon Ouch - Truck runs into Tri Lab storefront [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
This is just nuts! They said they are closed down indefinitely starting today on Facebook... not a good sign.

I'd expect that. They have to get the insurance all straightened out and then rebuild the front. Can't put a timeline on it yet, that's all. It's not a death knell.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Big Carbon Ouch - Truck runs into Tri Lab storefront [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it definitely isn't... just sucks for them since they won't be making much money in the height of the season when closed.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Carbon Ouch - Truck runs into Tri Lab storefront [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, good thing they were closed.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Big Carbon Ouch - Truck runs into Tri Lab storefront [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
No, it definitely isn't... just sucks for them since they won't be making much money in the height of the season when closed.

Hopefully they have business interruption coverage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:

That will (or should) be factored in to the insurance settlement. Just as if you happened (God forbid) to get hit and injured 10 days before an Ironman trip, you're entitled to get back entry costs, plane and hotel fare, etc. All they have to do is show the difference in revenue for the period of closure versus the same period in previous years.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow had to watch that 5 or 6 times. Looks like the truck hit the façade at an angle and then spun around?
Quote Reply
Re: Big Carbon Ouch - Truck runs into Tri Lab storefront [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look at the pic in the link below the vdeo, the truck ended up, down the length of it, basically half in and half out of the store. Sort of like it slid into it

today's pic of the facade....

Last edited by: ChrisM: Jul 16, 14 15:38
Quote Reply
Re: Big Carbon Ouch - Truck runs into Tri Lab storefront [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This. Hopefully they get insurance and repairs figured out quickly and don't remain so for long though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I caused similar damage to wiggle when my computer crashed while browsing their site ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:

On another note, it's a local tri bike transport dropf off location, and I know races like vineman are coming up with dropoffs this week. I am sure that will all be worked out, but hopefully someone raises the flag with TBT for arrangements.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Carbon Ouch - Truck runs into Tri Lab storefront [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you please log on to PBK... ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa....and I was about to go buy some Kayennes from them this weekend. They're located on a curve where people speed all the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On another note, it's a local tri bike transport dropf off location, and I know races like vineman are coming up with dropoffs this week. I am sure that will all be worked out, but hopefully someone raises the flag with TBT for arrangements.
------
Bike drop off for IM Canada is/was Sat for Tirilab.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Jul 16, 14 20:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out their Instagram feed. So many pictures of carnage. Strong vibes sent to them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing happened to RnR in Mission Viejo a few years ago. An elderly driver accidentally hit the gas vs brake and plowed into store with people in it. I'm all for mandatory annual BTW test for drivers. #1 insurance costs would plummet...#2 less traffic on the road...#3 better public transportation...#4 no need to import oil...#5 more walkable communities...etc., etc. However, I wonder if I could still pass a BTW driving test...the written one in CA isn't easy...then again how many drivers don't have a valid license...:(

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Big Carbon Ouch - Truck runs into Tri Lab storefront [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Longboarder wrote:
------
Bike drop off for IM Canada is/was Sat for Tirilab.

I contacted TBT and let them know just in case
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't know if anyone posted an update to this.

But I was randomly driving through Redondo beach and saw this store. Saw it had some boards on the front but they were having a big luau. So I told my friend to stop and we went in. I bought a new bottle and goggles and they were all like, "go get food, go get beers, go chill, you must!"

So I asked the story and they explained what happened.

Good news is that they're back open, they're staying in business, and all is going to be okay as the insurance is begrudgingly going to payout.

So yea, go give these guys some love, they need it right now! And their luau was kick ass. Totally played some shuffle board and ping pong and downed a beer.

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply
Re: Big Carbon Ouch - Truck runs into Tri Lab storefront [justarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, thanks for updating. I stopped by Saturday to get a few tubes and supplies, Lloyd showed me the backroom where the damaged bike inventory was. Sad seeing all those beautiful bikes heading for the scrap heap!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh, I wish I would've known they had them in there, I would've loved to see that carnage.

Just glad that store is staying open, definitely never seen a multisport store like that. It was awesome!

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply