Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bicep Tenotomy and slap tear recovery
Quote | Reply
Just got out of this round of "cleaning up the shoulder" and walked out with a slap tear repair and a bicep tenotomy (the major highlights) and was wondering what others experienced as far as timing and setbacks in getting back in the game.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Re: Bicep Tenotomy and slap tear recovery [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had 3 labrum repairs as well as the same biceps repair. My last labrum repair had 8 anchors take your time it's going to suck but if you do what the doctor says you'll be fine for me after I got back to swimming it's been the absolute best thing for it. I wouldn't Bank on anything too hard on the shoulder for at least 6 months
Quote Reply
Re: Bicep Tenotomy and slap tear recovery [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So they cut it and did not repair/reattach(anchored) it then? My understanding from somebody who had it worked on (not me) is you can get back to doing things sooner (still would not push it), but often have an overall lack of strength compared to what you would if it was repaired.
Quote Reply
Re: Bicep Tenotomy and slap tear recovery [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe tenotomy is just cut (and release), no reattachment or anchor like tenodesis which I had 8 weeks ago. I just got back into running and cycling, but no way am I going swim or even lifting anything heavy.
Quote Reply