Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bibs
Quote | Reply
Those of you who are on a road bike a lot, and use bibs. What are you using? Thin or thick chamois? I'm looking to replace some decade old kit.
Quote Reply
Re: Bibs [Chinchi11in] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use bibs. I lucked out, I prefer the less expensive ones from Craft.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of people are going to say this, De Soto 400 mile bibs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It really depends on body shape. For me, I use Castelli and Giordanna, and they fit me perfectly. They have a medium thickness chammy.

I've used Assos, Rapha, Biemme, Kallisto, Desotto, Demarchi, Specialized & Bontrager, and while very good, each brand has its own fit. Try a few brands and see what you think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chinchi11in wrote:
Those of you who are on a road bike a lot, and use bibs. What are you using? Thin or thick chamois? I'm looking to replace some decade old kit.

You've been cycling for at least a decade and you don't know whether you prefer a thin or thick chamois?
Quote Reply
Re: Bibs [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ghost234 wrote:
It really depends on body shape. For me, I use Castelli and Giordanna, and they fit me perfectly. They have a medium thickness chammy.

I've used Assos, Rapha, Biemme, Kallisto, Desotto, Demarchi, Specialized & Bontrager, and while very good, each brand has its own fit. Try a few brands and see what you think.

I've been using my two giordana team kits for a loooong time. Do you know if they still have a similar fit? Although, who knows if what I've got fits like it did new.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chinchi11in wrote:

Desoto 400 Mile is supposed to be very good. I am planning to pick one up to use for road cycling as well as half-distance tri kit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have used most of the brands. Happiest with the Pactimo Summit Raptors and the DeSoto 400 mile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden plenty but Eliel are so far my favorite. They are the perfect amount of padding and tightness. I have ridden for hours on the trainer and I don't have to move much to find the right spot. And they're out of Cali!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assos, hands down.

They ain't cheap, but bibs, a saddle, and shoes are not items you want to skimp on.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a new brand out of San Diego County named Eliel. It's not cheap, but the stuff is awesome in that the fit and fabric are top notch-these guys know what they're doing. Best of all, they are cut and sewn in their factory in North County. They also make all the kit for Wattie Ink.

http://www.elielcycling.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Bibs [2old2slow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2old2slow wrote:
There's a new brand out of San Diego County named Eliel. It's not cheap, but the stuff is awesome in that the fit and fabric are top notch-these guys know what they're doing. Best of all, they are cut and sewn in their factory in North County. They also make all the kit for Wattie Ink.

http://www.elielcycling.com/

Cool. I'm going to be moving to North County soon, so I might even be able to try them on before I buy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own a wide variety of bibs so I'll list them in order of preference for myself. For reference I'm 5'8" 140 with a 30" waist, size small typically.

Assos T.Équipe_S7
Louis Garneau Course Race 2 / Course Superleggera
Champion Systems Custom CS Razor Bib Short
Castelli Free Aero Race
Squadra Custom Bib Short
Hincapie Felix Bibshort

Assos are hands down the best but the others are no slouches. I wasn't happy with the Hincape bibs but I think I bought them when I was more like 155 so they just don't fit as snugly anymore and the chamois was pretty thick. Castelli ones are good but after 18 months the chamois seam is tearing and as you can tell they only get limited usage with the rotation of shorts I have at my disposal. I wouldn't hesitate to buy LG, CS or Assos.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chinchi11in wrote:

If you've been using those bibs for 10 years, then you probably started with a thick chamois and now are riding on a thin chamois.
If they've worked for you for a decade, maybe just get the same thing?

I get a new kit or two every year from my club, so I use whatever they get and each one gets one year of race use and then goes in my rotation for workouts. We've had a few different brands, don't even remember them all; but none have been high end.
Quote Reply
Re: Bibs [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSpencer wrote:
Assos, hands down.

They ain't cheap, but bibs, a saddle, and shoes are not items you want to skimp on.

Castelli bibs are the best value and have pro-quality pads.

Assos are the best bibs if cost is no object.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ROKA. Go w/ ROKA.

Assos are nice too, but at 2x the price.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Re: Bibs [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philly1x wrote:
ROKA. Go w/ ROKA.

Assos are nice too, but at 2x the price.

20% off all Roka cycling gear through 5/22 as well.
Quote Reply