Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bib Shorts vs Regular Bike Shorts??? [Bavarian_Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess opinions really are like, you know - everybody's got one.

Oh well, surprised you didn't like the 400m bibs, I love them.

I'm not a paid DeSoto shill or anything, just a happy customer. For the $, the 400m bibs are the most comfy togs I've worn on a bike yet. (no, I've never tried Assos, but I do have top o' the line PI and Castelli stuff to compare 'em to, and I like the 400m bibs better)

Diff'rent strokes. Ride on-

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Bib Shorts vs Regular Bike Shorts??? [Bavarian_Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmm, Interesting...you could have returned them if you did not like them. If you bought them last year in Germany, then what you bought are counterfeit...imitation, as we did not sell them in Germany or in Europe, and there exists a guy in Germany by the name of Christof Werschkull that was making cheap knockoffs of a number of our garments.

If you bought them from us, you could have returned them.

Anyway the 2007 version is better than the ones you bought.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Last edited by: Emilio: Mar 26, 07 8:43
Quote Reply
Re: Bib Shorts vs Regular Bike Shorts??? [RichG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Assos stuff is never nice, by all accounts, but far too pricey for me. But yeah, bibs are just plain better if for one reason. Not much is worse than going on a group ride and staring at ass crack.

They are also more comfortable, and aren't any hotter than regular shorts.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bibs are, for me, the most comfortable piece of athletic clothing I own. I rotate three pairs through my training week.

I carry a little more up front than I should so the bibs do a good job of concealing my stomach and don't roll down so that I am mooning the riders behind me.

Just my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Bib Shorts vs Regular Bike Shorts??? [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I live and train in Tucson and Emilio's bibs are by far the most comfortable bike shorts I've ever worn in 20+ years of training and racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bibs are very comfortable for long training rides. I don't know about you, but if I'm doing 40+ miles, and taking in the proper nutrition, I tend to get full and a little bloated. Bibs have no waistband so there isn't anything cutting in to your stomach.

I love bibs. I also wear trisuits over tri top and bottoms for that very same reason. Good stuff!

"It is not the great things we do in life that really matter, it's the small things we do with a great heart..."-Mother Theresa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
hmm, Interesting...you could have returned them if you did not like them. If you bought them last year in Germany, then what you bought are counterfeit...imitation, as we did not sell them in Germany or in Europe, and there exists a guy in Germany by the name of Christof Werschkull that was making cheap knockoffs of a number of our garments.

If you bought them from us, you could have returned them.

Anyway the 2007 version is better than the ones you bought.

I did mail order them from trigeeks in Canada. They are not fakes. Its not that I hate them its just that I prefer seamless padding for longer rides.
BTW, I like your five pocket power shorts.

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For dedicated bike workouts or races I only use bibs.

I find them much more comfortable than regular shorts.

Invest in a pair of De Soto, Biemme, etc. bibs & I am confident that you won't go back to regular shorts.

Cheers,

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is swimming in the 400 mile bibs? Are they easy to swim in, or do they trap a lot of water in the back? These would be worn alone, with no wetsuit over them.

Your favorite mafia sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you put the words '400 mile' in the name of the short?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After using the new Forza tri shorts today for the first time...and liking them alot...I ordered a pair of the bibs. I have been a VERY long time customer of DeSoto, always thought it was very good and relatively affordable gear, but the new products seems a real step up. Looking forward to trying the bibs.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Bib Shorts vs Regular Bike Shorts??? [bryce_d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are bike bibshorts. Not made to swim in, especially without a wetsuit. I recommend you try our Forza Tri Shorts for racing.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Bib Shorts vs Regular Bike Shorts??? [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The "400-Mile" name came from testing the product. I did a 400 mile ride in 4 days and wore these shorts. The logic was that there are a lot of shorts that work okay for 100+ mile rides. A lot of trishorts as well. But the real question is, how does that saddle feel the next morning when you get on the bike for another 100 miles....and the next morning? This was the inspiration for the design, the pad, and the name.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Bib Shorts vs Regular Bike Shorts??? [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are going to love them...of course if you don't you can always return them.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Emilio,

Can you explain what the invisipad is ? It says it is "suspended from the inside", but not really sure what that means. Is it a separate piece from the rest of the garment (if so it doesn't sound very comfortable). Are there any pictures of it ? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Bib Shorts vs Regular Bike Shorts??? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why did a serious question (my vote is for bibs all the way) get turned into an advertising thread?

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Bib Shorts vs Regular Bike Shorts??? [darylect] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be happy to answer you directly, please email me at the email address below my name. Sorry for the accidental hijacking of this thread. I wanted to keep the conversation about bibs here.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Bib Shorts vs Regular Bike Shorts??? [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry about the accidental hijacking of the thread. I have PM'd replies to a number of the posters.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shorts are like saddles, you gots to find what works for you. Me, bibs are what I like best; and Desoto 400 mile bibs are my current favorite. They really are very good, and the fact they are reasonably priced doesn't play into that opinion at all. I also have topend Castelli, PI, and Craft, and the Desotos are my favorites. The pad is excellent, not too thin not too thick; the length is great, etc. They are just a very well thought out bibshort. It's obvious the designer is a rider. I don't have a single criticism of them. Mine are last years model.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply

Prev Next