Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;)
Quote | Reply
What are your best wireless headphone recommendations? Asking only for training RUNS... I do not bike with them nor race with them. I like to have a pair when I do longer solo runs or lift at the gym. I've had a pair of wireless Beats for the last couple of years but finding they do not hold a charge well anymore and they never really fit in my ears anyway without me constantly having to adjust them. That's probably part of my problem as well, I find that "buds" don't fit my ears and I do better with an over the head style. Any recommendations out there? Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [Carrie2273] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quite a few posts on this. I use the Plantronics back beat fit. I like them for also only running.

https://www.amazon.com/...QL70_&dpSrc=srch
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
Quite a few posts on this. I use the Plantronics back beat fit. I like them for also only running.

https://www.amazon.com/...QL70_&dpSrc=srch

+1 they're the best I've found, lasted well for a few months now.
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [Carrie2273] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trekz titanium on amazon. bone induction so you can still hear what’s going on around you, sound quality is decent, comfortable, and keeps a good charge. maybe 4 hours or so of usage with the volume at max.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using Bragi "The Headphone" for the past year. Sound quality isn't that good and the volume doesn't get real loud, but they work fine. They fit me perfectly and are very comfortable. The audio transparency on them is really good for indoors but for outdoors the wind gets annoying with it on, so I usually leave it off. One of them quit working a few weeks ago so I'm in the process of getting them fixed/replaced under warranty.

I wasn't sure that they were going to warranty them so I tried out the Jabra Elite Sport. I couldn't find a combination of ear tips that gave me a comfortable fit. The sound was much better than the Bragi headphone. I ended up returning them.

I ended up ordering a set of Soundpeats Q30 earbuds from Amazon. They fit great, are very comfortable, and the sound is WAY better than any of the other ones I've tried. The only drawback to them is that they are not truly wireless as they have a cord that connects the 2 earbuds together. Not a huge deal though as it doesn't get annoying during runs.

I've tried headphones in the past that had a hard band that wrapped around the back of my head and wasn't a fan with the various headgear I use running depending on the time/season (hat, headlamp, sunglasses, etc).

It's hard not to recommend the Soundpeats Q30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+2 for the Plantronic back beat fits.
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1. I love mine. The fact that you can still hear what's going on around you is a nice feature.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JLab Epic 2. I've got a pair of the Plantronics also but I like the Epic 2s better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had the hardest time trying to find something that fit right so I wasn't expecting much but really enjoy the Jabra Elite and they just came out with a newer version. I was trying to hold out for the Phazon buds but gave up after waiting for over a year for them to finally ship out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apple Airpods... seriously, buy them and never look back. Worth every single penny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Over 12 months, I went through 5 separate pairs of $20-50 headphones from amazon. They all failed for one reason or another - battery, popping sound in ear, sound gets choppy, bad Bluetooth

Apparently I’m very hard on them. Sweat a bunch on trainer 4-5 days a week

I since got Bose soundspot 2 from bestbuy. Not sure I’ve been in that place for 5+ years now, but they have a geek squad 2 year warranty you can buy. Strangely, ~3 months after I had my first pair it stopped holding a charge. I brought it back to bestbuy and they refunded me on the spot. No questions asked

Not sure I’d recommend the soundspot 2 yet (2nd pair has been holding up strong, but only 3 months in)

My tip is to buy from bestbuy and get the warranty

Makes a “bad buy” less of a problem to deal w down the line
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use these for running only, heavy sweater as well. I have been through many pair these are on month 6 no issues and stay in ear!

Mpow

Cheers!

Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crapy video I did last year about this. I still stick to my word. I still have that same pair of apple airpods.

Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can’t believe people are recommending the plantronics-absolute rubbish! Used like 3 times and have sat in my drawer ever since. Jay bird X3 aren’t bad but still not perfect-dangling coed can get annoying when running and the weight of the control box can pull the earbud out of your ear.

Tried some bone conducting earphones today which worked extremely well and would also alleviate the issue of poor fitting earbuds and sweat filled ears. Very tempted to buy

https://www.wildfiresports.com.au/...pEAQYAyABEgKfufD_BwE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Different strokes for different folks. Try a few cheap options, decide what style you like, and then -- when those crap out -- buy a better version of that style.
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [mjp202] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using Jabra bluetooth for a while and they really fit me well. however, the battery seem to stop holding a charge after a few months and i have to return them

I recently got the Samsung Gear IconX. These have no wire between them which is super comfortable (I hate the wire sticking to the sweat on the back of my neck) and are really small and light so don't bother my ear. Surprisingly they don't fall out when running (that may just be a personal fit thing and not work for other people).
Huge advantage is you can put music (or audiobooks in my case) right on them so don't need to carry any other device for playing - big plus if you don't want to carry a phone or other mp3 player when running or spend $400 for the new Garmin 645; but they also function as regular BT headset.
Touch control is complete shit, but I just don't mess with it at all during the run. Only problem is they are not cheap $150 on amazon.
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Completely agree!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really enjoying my Urbanears Stadion headphones, no annoying wires around the neck
https://www.urbanears.com/ue_us_en/stadion

Also for you spotify people, check out the Mighty spotify player, awesome.
https://bemighty.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [milehighrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Popping in to say that I will never, ever buy a pair of Jaybirds again. Keeping it short, but: They didn't work out of the box, exchanged in the store. That pair worked for three to four months before a TON of battery and disconnection issues. Warranty exchange was the worst experience of dealing with a company I've ever had. Something like 6-8 weeks to get a replacement out, including them shipping my replacement to some random address in another state for god knows what reason, and then another 2-3 weeks to fix it. Never again.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.bestbuy.com/...6033.p?skuId=5796033

I got these. Fully wireless. Charge quickly. Stay in my ears. No connectivity issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bose soundsports (version with the line between the headphones)- once I got the right size tips in they were the best fitting, no dropping out of my ears headphones I have run with. Bose seem to have to fit dialed in. Their app (used for firmware updates ect.) isn't that bad either.
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Can’t believe people are recommending the plantronics-absolute rubbish! Used like 3 times and have sat in my drawer ever since. Jay bird X3 aren’t bad but still not perfect-dangling coed can get annoying when running and the weight of the control box can pull the earbud out of your ear.

Tried some bone conducting earphones today which worked extremely well and would also alleviate the issue of poor fitting earbuds and sweat filled ears. Very tempted to buyhttps://www.wildfiresports.com.au/...pEAQYAyABEgKfufD_BwE[/quote[/url]]

[b]Plantronics- [/b]I have been using mine for 2 years now without any issues

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All those people recommending the Plantronics have clearly never used Airpods. They are only $30 more and it is so life-changing to have something so light and unobtrusive.

The only issue for me is that when I get really sweaty, they do start to slip out of my ears. I picked up these for $10:

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best wireless headphones.....NOT for racing or biking! Just training runs ;) [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
Apple Airpods... seriously, buy them and never look back. Worth every single penny.

Agreed, and let me expand on why:

No wires! My prior set of Bluetooth running headphones had wires connecting the earpieces, which was always a PITA. I had to tuck them into my cap and I could still always feel them.

You can hear ambient noise. IMO, you don't want noise cancelling headphones, or the type that complete fill your ear cavity, for running. You want to hear your music/podcasts, but you also want to be able to hear ambient sound from a safety perspective.

Even though they aren't rated as water proof, I've never had an issue with sweat causing them to fail. You can also run with just one of the earpieces, if you want to.

The only thing I've found annoying about them is that you can't adjust the volume from the earpiece, like some headphones allow. You can use Siri though by double tapping an earpiece.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was a long time user of the Powerbeats wireless headphones but found they didn't fit my ears well and I used to have problems connecting when I turned them on. My last pair started to die out on me, wouldn't fully charge, would be on and look like they were charged at 100% and then 2 mins later be dead - and then one day were just dead. I was thinking I'd get them back to life but wanted an extra pair just in case and bought Senso Wireless on Amazon for $29.99. They look kind of like the beats color wise if you look them up. I actually like them much more than the beats. I've been using them every day since early Dec with no issues and never even tried to get the Beats back up and running.
Quote Reply

Prev Next