Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best way to spend $1500 on a powermeter and a rear race wheel.
Quote | Reply
My old Hed powertap wheel has unfortunately seen its last ride so need to explore some options..... I am considering getting the garmin vector 3 pedals and a flo disc. ( for racing) I need to keep the cost close to $1500, so thinking this is pretty solid option. Thoughts or other ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to spend $1500 on a powermeter and a rear race wheel. [pauljra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vector 3 + FLO A+C Disc seem like an awesome choice for that target. The HED Plus Disk (on sale) might be a little lighter and maybe slightly more aero than an A+C Disc. But it is a couple hundred dollars more.

Your total is likely to come in a little higher than $1,500, but that is worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to spend $1500 on a powermeter and a rear race wheel. [pauljra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a normal training wheel that can accommodate a disc cover? That will be less than $100 while maintaining almost all of the aero properties and weight of an aluminum FLO disc.

If you race often, then removing the disc cover can become somewhat of a chore. But given the $680 price of the FLO disc compared to a $90 disc cover...I could deal with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pauljra wrote:
My old Hed powertap wheel has unfortunately seen its last ride so need to explore some options..... I am considering getting the garmin vector 3 pedals and a flo disc. ( for racing) I need to keep the cost close to $1500, so thinking this is pretty solid option. Thoughts or other ideas?

You're in a similar position to me. Was using a powertap training wheel and racing on a powertap 808.

Decided to go pedal based, ordered the dual sided Vector 3's, and will eventually replace the 808 Powertap (can sell it on eBay and get a non Powertap 808 for roughly same cost).

I road race and TT so I chose the Vectors for better cornering clearance over the Powertap pedals. I get a team hookup for Quarq but the thought of buying one for road and TT bikes didn't appeal to me. Plus, if I get a new road bike, it may have a different bottom bracket standard.

Finally, I chose Vector 3's because I do ~10% of my training on a MTB. The tame singletrack and gravel roads that I ride are fine with road shoes and pedals. I didn't want to buy a power meter on the mtb for relatively little use.

-Physiojoe
Instagram: @thephysiojoe
Cycling coach, Elite racer on Wooster Bikewerks p/b Wootown Bagels
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy a power2max NG eco and save yourself $500.
Quote Reply