Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best place for racing
Quote | Reply
There have been prior posts (and a promised article)about best places to live. I am curious as to best places to race. I challenge you to beat North Carolina. If in doubt, check out www.set-upinc.com for most, but not all of our races.
Quote Reply
Re: Best place for racing [Mantis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, Winston-Salem, the epicenter of the world triathlon scene!!! I love it here!

The best place I have ever raced is Roth Germany (5 times). Hard to beat the fans on the course.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Best place for racing [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roth is awesome but so is Penticton and for a race series for the beginner to hardcore age grouper you can't beat the Trisport series in Ontario for competitive races every other weekend from May until September.
Quote Reply
Re: Best place for racing [Mantis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In practical terms, the best place to race and train would be the same places that are most appropriate for golf.

Quite simply, those places are where it rains very little, sun shines a lot and the temperature is warm. This equates to more time to train outside and/or have a longer triathlon season.

Those places would be desert regions along (or least close to) the equator. In the US, that would be the Desert S.W.

FWIW Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: Best place for racing [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO opinion the best place to race would also have great scuba diving, which is what I would do the day after the race. For the swim I could also do a bit of snorkelling along the way. If only I was good enough to qualify for Hawaii!
Quote Reply
Re: Best place for racing [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Roth is awesome but so is Penticton
I absolutely agree. I have had the privilege of participating in Penticton 4 times. fantastic place and fantastic people!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply