Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best latex tube choice for Zipp Super 9 clincher?
Quote | Reply
Best latex tube choice for Zipp Super 9 clincher disc?
Apparently you need a latex tube with a short (40mm??) valve stem.
Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Best latex tube choice for Zipp Super 9 clincher? [ccassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vittoria work well for me

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Best latex tube choice for Zipp Super 9 clincher? [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2
Quote Reply
Re: Best latex tube choice for Zipp Super 9 clincher? [ccassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run the Vittoria latex and just deal with the limited room for crack pipe access.

Michelin makes latex tubes with 36 and 40mm valve stem lengths if you're concerned about the access.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep, vitoria again here too, no extension needed
Quote Reply
Re: Best latex tube choice for Zipp Super 9 clincher? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
I run the Vittoria latex and just deal with the limited room for crack pipe access.

Michelin makes latex tubes with 36 and 40mm valve stem lengths if you're concerned about the access.

With removable cores? I really need a 32mm valve for my 900 disc but no one makes latex with 32mm so I'm considering enlarging the hole in the disc.
Quote Reply
Re: Best latex tube choice for Zipp Super 9 clincher? [Chris Martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No on the removable cores. Do you need a removable core for the rear with no need for an extender? Or is this for sealant?

I never had an issue with the 51mm Vittoria tubes in the Super 9. That is until 70.3 Worlds where the tube failed at the valve base when slipping on the crack pipe and pushing the stem in to seat it:( Somehow I overlooked that both my spares were long stem. 70.3 WC, only tri race ever where every competitor seemed to have deep wheels and no shorter valve tubes. Tech support had cases of 80mm:(

I'm going to get some of the shorter Michelins for now. I've looked into trimming the Vittorias with a tubing cutter and rethreading the valve stem, but the tap availability is very limited and the process may still require machining a bottom seating step.

This sure seems like an area where Zipp could help with revised cutouts or latex tubes set up with short stems like their butyl tube offerings.
Last edited by: SummitAK: Sep 28, 15 16:59
Quote Reply
Re: Best latex tube choice for Zipp Super 9 clincher? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dremeled the cutout larger and was able to use a tube with a 51mm valve. It just barely went back in once I inflated it. For my flat kit I have a tube with a 32mm valve that I can get the crack pipe onto.

Quote Reply
Re: Best latex tube choice for Zipp Super 9 clincher? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you just use a standard vitoria 51mm valve like this in the disc and its fine? http://www.competitivecyclist.com/vittoria-latex-tube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I useMchelin Latex tubes with 36mm valves.

I have no problems inflating with a Hirame Pump Head...

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: Best latex tube choice for Zipp Super 9 clincher? [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spocket wrote:
I useMchelin Latex tubes with 36mm valves.

I have no problems inflating with a Hirame Pump Head...

+1, no hirame pump, just crack pipe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

are they making these again? i'd thought they had stopped
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They seem discontinued... Shortest I can find is a 40mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Best latex tube choice for Zipp Super 9 clincher? [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:
So you just use a standard vitoria 51mm valve like this in the disc and its fine?http://www.competitivecyclist.com/vittoria-latex-tube[/quote[/url]]

forgive the late reply, I was overseas. Yep, I just use these, nothing else needed, no extensions - just the crack pipe to pump up, it fits well
Quote Reply