Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Triathlons in Minnesota [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Brew house is USAT, has a sprint and Oly distance race. The Northwood's is just a sprint but with a longer than usual bike leg.

Don't forget to unclip!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Northwoods is 0.25 swim, 14 bike, 3.1 run (all miles).

Brewhouse has an Olympic and a Sprint with 0.45-0.5 swim, 12 bike, and 3 run.

As was said, Northwoods fills very fast after opening up right around Jan 1. Brewhouse you can usually sign up right to the last minute if you want to.

Ryan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swim_corey_run wrote:
Yeah Hoot is classic, last year was ridiculoius with the amount of people in the first heat. The bike course was switched, so hopefully it's back to normal this year. It's the hardest Sprint course I've rode. Perham, for sure. I hate how there are people that walk most of the swim. I have been FOTW there the past two years and was disgusted by the walkers! I think they could make the swim straight out and back so it gets deeper...

Is this for real? Do you really hate how people walk the swim and get “disgusted” by them?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Triathlons in Minnesota [mndiver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you one of them? Sorry if I offended YOU
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swim_corey_run wrote:

Actually, no I’m not. I’m just trying to figure out why a guy finishing at the front of the pack would even see the walkers much less give a damn about what others are doing. Someone as fast as you should just be happy all those disgusting walkers are helping keep our entry fees reasonable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just want everyone to swim. I think you would agree that the first part is swimming. It's more of a c'mon man when I see the people still walking when we turn at the bouy to come back in. I should not say disgusted as they are still doing the race and that's great. But swim people!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mndiver wrote:
swim_corey_run wrote:

Actually, no I’m not. I’m just trying to figure out why a guy finishing at the front of the pack would even see the walkers much less give a damn about what others are doing. Someone as fast as you should just be happy all those disgusting walkers are helping keep our entry fees reasonable.

Because the walkers were in FRONT and ruined the race for those of us even up front. They were in the way the whole time and formed a sort of wall and we had a hard time trying to get around them. It was horrid and the worst"swim" ive done. I agree 100% they need to fix both average Joe swim and hoot lake wave size
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swim_corey_run wrote:
I just want everyone to swim. I think you would agree that the first part is swimming. It's more of a c'mon man when I see the people still walking when we turn at the bouy to come back in. I should not say disgusted as they are still doing the race and that's great. But swim people!

Now I think we’re on the same page. Have a great off season.
Quote Reply

Prev Next