Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Run/Swim/Bike wrist watch for tracking total TSS
Quote | Reply
Hi Folks,

Looking at getting back into it in the New Year after a few years break from Tri's. With Christmas time coming and the excuse to get a present. I'd like to get a watch to track all my training and feed into Training Peaks. I tend to do better with measuring and have metrics. Plan for the first few months is to train mainly in Z2 to get myself back into shape with an Xterra in April then into winter training mode building strength and power for some half's next summer.

I know there has been a lot of progress on this front and I'm way behind what's good now. Any recommendations? Preference is Garmin and would be good if I could wear all the time as I'm always on the move.

What I've got now:
Kickr2.
Trainer Road.
Quarq
Garmin 510.
Garmin 310 XT.
Bikes: Cervelo P4, BMC Team Machine, Specialized Epic Carbon Pro.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Run/Swim/Bike wrist watch for tracking total TSS [Globus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
920xt is at a good price right now. 935 or Fenix 5 if you want wrist HR. All upload via bluetooth, so no need to plug into computer. All also capture swim stroke distance. 935 tracks training load for the week, but I'd use TrainingPeaks or Garmin Connect to manage data.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Run/Swim/Bike wrist watch for tracking total TSS [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 920xt and would ABSOLUTELY recommend it. I never take the thing off. I haven't gotten fancy with data analysis aside from what Garmin Connect provides with the HRM-Run and HRM-Swim.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Best Run/Swim/Bike wrist watch for tracking total TSS [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Guy's,

Great stuff - After looking at the 935 reviews I think that might be what I am aftern anyone got one and got any thoughts or anything to add?

G.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Run/Swim/Bike wrist watch for tracking total TSS [Globus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could also download this TSS IQ app.

https://apps.garmin.com/...-a3e6-6908f2e2db55#0
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/03/garmin-forerunner-935-depth-review.html if you haven't read that.

I mean your 310XT is dated, but it will still get you a lot of the data you will need for TrainingPeaks, off the top of my head it doesn't have pool swim mode, but you can always manually update that.

I have had the 935 since April and think it is a great improvement over the 920XT. The optical HR, connectivity, multiple profiles and more data fields on each screen were all great. If you are on a budget the 920XT is not a bad option at all.

Dropped you a DM as well.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Globus wrote:
Thanks Guy's,

Great stuff - After looking at the 935 reviews I think that might be what I am aftern anyone got one and got any thoughts or anything to add?

G.

Go with the 935 and don't look back. Garmin has significantly improved their hardware over the last few years so I would not get an older model unless you were really strapped for cash.
Quote Reply