Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Reasonably Priced Crack Pipe
Quote | Reply
What's the best reasonably priced crack pipe ?

I have got my eye on the $32 Silca version, is that a good choice or is there something else I should consider ?

Cheers,

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Reasonably Priced Crack Pipe [WD Pro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd go for the Silca Locking crack pipe. Locks in place so you don't have hold it in place when pumping. To me it was worth the money for the ease of use. You can find a brand new one on Ebay for $75
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The lower priced Silca works great. Matter of fact, I just pumped up my disc...no helping hands required.

If you are racing track and need to jack your psi up to 150+ or something, maybe the locking one is worth the extra $$, but the basic one works is fantastic.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Silca disc adapter is worth it https://silca.cc/...isc-wheel-mini-chuck

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the $32 Silca crack pipe and the $100 Silca Hiro. If you only want one for filling your disk, get the inexpensive one. It works great hands free. It is also something you can take to T1 on race day for pumping up your disc. Some even carry it in their toolkit.

The Hiro is handy around the garage/shop for everyday use. Not something I'd bring to transition or bring along with a travel pump.

You won't go wrong with either choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Reasonably Priced Crack Pipe [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all !

Order placed for the $32 version (and a few other bits) :-)

Cheers,

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just get a glass rose from the corner store and throw a brillo in that boi for $2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello WD Pro and All,

If you use an aluminum valve extender on your disk tire .... you can bend the aluminum valve extender about 45 degrees in a smooth curve so it is easy to inflate with regular tire pump chucks.

I had to try the bend a couple of times ... putting the valve extender in a vise and using pliers to bend ..... and I broke one extender on the first try .... but once done it is easy to repeat and makes inflation a no two hander no brainer .... .

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply