Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best Rear Light With Aero-Seat Post Mount Capabilities
Quote | Reply
Title of post says it all.

For round seat posts, there seem to be many good options in this important category. Aero . . . not so much. Many of the leading lights with great reviews, will not work on aero seat-posts.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rear Light With Aero-Seat Post Mount Capabilities [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fly 6
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rear Light With Aero-Seat Post Mount Capabilities [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my Garmin Varia rear radar unit came with an aero seat post mount. I needed to use a zip tie as the seat post on my Felt AR FRD was way too deep for the supplied rubber bands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently lost my rear light, as it fell off my behind-the-seat bottle cage.

I picked up the Cygolite HotRod 50. It has a fairly short strap to wrap around the seat post, but this can be extended by looping in an elastic hair tie! It's a nice, bright light, and seems brighter than the HotSHOT 50 that it replaced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See Sense Icon +

Uses the big rubber bands to hold them on and has a grooved rubber piece on the back of the light that will snug it up to an aero post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey I asked this same question on ST about two months ago and got a lot of help. Not in a spot to search right now, but this may be the discussion. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6246139#p6246139

I may not be fast, but once I get going, it is hard to stop me...
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rear Light With Aero-Seat Post Mount Capabilities [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on the garmin varia. with the radar it is an important for safety when riding outside (even during the day). Also using it on Felt IA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently got a Cycliq Fly 6 and it includes multiple mounting adaptors. Works great on the round post on my cx bike, the almost-round-but-kinda-square mount on my road bike, and the aero post on my Shiv. Very visible light, and the added bonus of an HD camera filming behind you - for safety, but can make for some funny videos at times too! Highly recommended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized Stix Comp with the aero post mount.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rear Light With Aero-Seat Post Mount Capabilities [alligatorCAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alligatorCAN wrote:
I recently got a Cycliq Fly 6 and it includes multiple mounting adaptors. Works great on the round post on my cx bike, the almost-round-but-kinda-square mount on my road bike, and the aero post on my Shiv. Very visible light, and the added bonus of an HD camera filming behind you - for safety, but can make for some funny videos at times too! Highly recommended.

just make sure when you set your bike down on the side of the road for a pee stop that the camera is facing away from you or else you'll get some NSFW video.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What Chrisesposito said.

On a Speed Concept if you're not running the Speed Box you can borrow a couple of pieces from the current Madone parts line and easily mount a Flare R where the Speed Box would live if you don't like Carl's solution.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rear Light With Aero-Seat Post Mount Capabilities [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peeing on the side of the road would require me to take off my jersey and pull down my bibs, so it's not something I usually do :). We're liberal in the PNW, but probably not that liberal... And yeah, I definitely don't want a video of it!
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rear Light With Aero-Seat Post Mount Capabilities [alligatorCAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alligatorCAN wrote:
Peeing on the side of the road would require me to take off my jersey and pull down my bibs, so it's not something I usually do :). We're liberal in the PNW, but probably not that liberal... And yeah, I definitely don't want a video of it!

I guess where I ride I have the choices of

• pee on myself
  • knock on a stranger's door whose property has NRA/private property signs plastered on the property. assuming I can get past their angry dog
  • hope I can hold it for an hour or longer to get back to a convenience store
  • pee in the woods off the side of the road

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fly 6
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rear Light With Aero-Seat Post Mount Capabilities [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X whatever
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lupine Rotlicht - can be aero modified
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moon's mounts fit aero posts and cockpits very well. Never any problems.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i would find the brightest, most driver attention getting light i could find and then figure out the rest.

In our house Dinotte 300R and 400quad.

On aero frames i've got them mounted on the aero chainstays. They come with "baby" aero clasps.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rear Light With Aero-Seat Post Mount Capabilities [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i would find the brightest, most driver attention getting light i could find and then figure out the rest.

Mark,

Good overall review of the safety benefits and some of the top lights here that I found today - https://cyclingtips.com/...time-running-lights/

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Moon Shield as it will last an entire 6 hour ride and a Fly6. Both come with aero set mounts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use this Serfas rear light - very bright and easily seen in the daylight. Mounts easily on an aero seat post.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rear Light With Aero-Seat Post Mount Capabilities [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for Serfas lights. They have an ingenious mount that can work on round and aero posts. This mount is on many of their rear lights. Check out the pics in the link.

The Fly 6 is only 30 lumens and not that bright, in my opinion.

https://www.serfas.com/...00_5818c7889153f.jpg

And

https://www.serfas.com/...120/referer:products|index|lights|tail-lights

Last Mode Memory
USB Remote Switch Compatible
Aero Post Compatible
Saddle Rail Mount Available
USB Rechargeable
Specs:
Solid Modes: Overdrive (80 Lumens): 1.25 hrs, High (50 Lumens): 2 hrs, Low (15 Lumens): 6.5 hrs
Flash Modes: *Daytime Flash (150 Lumens): 25 hrs, High Flash (80 Lumens): 7 hrs, Medium Flash 1 (35 Lumens): 15 hrs, Medium Flash 2 (35 Lumens): 8 hrs, Low Flash (15 Lumens): 40 hrs, Auto Safe Mode Extends Runtime an Additional 45 mins
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: May 12, 17 18:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a bontrager one. It has an elastic strap/ clip that fits snugly around the seatpost on my Scott...very bright and flashy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Specialized Stix Comp light is really slick. You can buy the aero seatpost mount separately. Mine is super bright and lasts forever on a charge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a Fly6. So another vote for this one.

It's great to have the video on top of the flashing rear light functions (a motorist passes too close, you can report them to Police, if you get hit, you have evidence, etc). And related to others mentioning getting filmed while peeing, this wouldn't happen if you lay your bike on the ground as the video recording would stop (this is a feature that makes sure that you keep the footage of the accident if something happens) :-).
Quote Reply

Prev Next