Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best Open Water swim Goggles Advice.
Quote | Reply
For pool use almost anything works, but I have given up on what works in open water, between sunglare, distance sighting without distortion, anybody got anything interesting.
Have a 70.3 coming up with half of it right into the rising sun.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Open Water swim Goggles Advice. [phog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.aquasphereswim.com/.../men-goggles-kayenne

Plenty big so you can see well and they don't leak a drop. I have a clear pair for the pool and shaded pair for outside.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Best Open Water swim Goggles Advice. [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roka R1 . They say never try anything new on race day , they fit me so I wore them for the first time at Eagleman. Unbelievably clarity and field of vision .

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, turns out a local shops sells (MEC & Endurosport) for less than their own website and in CA $, bonus. Will go try.
Last edited by: phog: Jul 21, 16 9:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roka R1. I have two pairs and they are perfect open water swim goggles.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jul 21, 16 9:31
Quote Reply
Re: Best Open Water swim Goggles Advice. [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will take a look, like Roka product, so starts with a positive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had great luck with the TYR SpecialOps 2.0, both the Transition and the Polarized versions. Other brands don't seem to fit me well and wind up leaking. These have been great.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Open Water swim Goggles Advice. [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the Spec Ops 2.0s.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Open Water swim Goggles Advice. [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, and sold here, so can go see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wanted to like the R1, but it just doesn't seal on my face too well. Other than that they're phenominal goggles with a fantastic FOV, as stated earlier.

My can't-go-wrong goggles for OWS are the Tyr SpecOps 2.0 and the Blueseventy Hydra-Vision. They seal great without putting too much pressure, the strap adjustments stay put and are easy to adjust in a hurry and they're available in good tints for open water. And they're cheap enough to not be too pissed when you leave a pair at the pool!
Quote Reply
Re: Best Open Water swim Goggles Advice. [FlyingScot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used, forever, Speedo Vanquish, which are great for the pool, but I give up on for open water.
So anything with a similar field of vision or lens will probably not work, for me.

I emphasis, for me, because I know I don't get far out of the water to sight and just about any chop makes me feel blind.
Scuba mask anyone? :o)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Open Water swim Goggles Advice. [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I have and I love them. Highly recommend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zoggs Predator Flex Polarized Goggles.

Comfy, tinted and polarized, very affordable on Wiggle.com, they look good and most importantly: leak-proof on my lumpy face.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Best Open Water swim Goggles Advice. [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look comfy, but same, sort of, sized lens as conventional goggles, which I am convinced I need to change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the Speedo Vanquisher for the pool. The TYR Special Ops 2.0 is by far my favorite open water goggle. They leak a little in the pool coming off the wall hard, but I have never had a drop of water get in during open water. Sprint to IM, the Special Ops 2.0 is my choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Open Water swim Goggles Advice. [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Zoggs Predator Flex Polarized Goggles.

Comfy, tinted and polarized, very affordable on Wiggle.com, they look good and most importantly: leak-proof on my lumpy face.

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If being able to see if your top priority, then the Roka R1 goggle should be tried. I put them on at the Womens Camp last April and was amazed at their clarity.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Best Open Water swim Goggles Advice. [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although I have ordered from Roka and I like the product line, I am hesitant about ordering something online, because stuff coming into Canada can be a pain in the ass. Might have to get over that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chriselam wrote:
http://www.aquasphereswim.com/us/men/men-goggles/men-goggles-kayenne

Plenty big so you can see well and they don't leak a drop. I have a clear pair for the pool and shaded pair for outside.

yeah - the aquspheres are good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mirrored swedes :-)

I just found a pair of unopened TYR socket rockets in my goggle drawer. Adjusted those and did a 1 hour straight swim last week, no stopping. So comfy, didn't leak once.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 for both. They just fit me perfectly. Clear for pool and mirrored for OWS (if sunny).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
phog wrote:
For pool use almost anything works, but I have given up on what works in open water, between sunglare, distance sighting without distortion, anybody got anything interesting.

Been a study progression of goggles for me over the years. Obviously goggles are very specific but this is my progression for my face

Can't Remember => Aquasphere Kaiman => Aquasphere Kayenne => Aquasphere Kayenne Small Fit => Aquasphere Kayenne Small Fit Polarized.

The Kayenne is a really secure google with a great field of vision. The straps mechanism is super easy to adjust and doesn't walk itself back out. The small fit are perfect for my face. I asked Jake for years when they were going to come out with the mirrored version. Although they did finally come out with a mirrored they also came out with a polarized and I find it to be far superior to their mirrored version - love the polarized version. 100% recommend.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
phog wrote:

ROKA R1- Hands down the best open water goggles on the market PERIOD!! New technology for sighting and a COMPLETE game changer! When they get them they sell out FAST!

http://www.rokasports.com/products/r1-goggle

DM

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best Open Water swim Goggles Advice. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got them, but mirrored (shop didn't have polarized). Keeping my fingers crossed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went from using the TYR Special Ops 2.0 to Roka R1. About equal in the pool, but the Roka's are way better outside.
Quote Reply

Prev Next