Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Kickr Compatible Apps
Quote | Reply
It's April 2015 and my Kickr will be here tomorrow. I know the offerings are changing rapidly so I thought it was worth asking this.

If I want to ride real IM courses (or other cool rides) what apps should I use? I'd prefer to use an iPad but will look at any options.

As a bonus it would be great if I could use my existing ride files to create new routes.

--------------------------

TEAM HONEY BADGER
Last edited by: jsfarmer: Apr 1, 15 10:45
Quote Reply
Re: Best Kickr Compatible Apps [jsfarmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For workouts try
PerfPro
Trainer Road
You can drop in existing ride files to both of these apps and "ride the course"
You need to read the long a** thread on this forum about controlling your kickr with a power meter

For virtual rides all over the world (with video) try http://www.cycleops.com/...ualtraining/overview

Also, google search for DC Rainmaker's review of computer cycling software
Quote Reply
Re: Best Kickr Compatible Apps [jsfarmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The other poster got many of the primarily-workout-based bits.

Online riding/racing:
Tour de Giro lets you ride any GPX course in full 3D against other people (up to 8 on one PC and/or ride online) or AI bots. It also includes a TR-like workout mode.
Bkool.com basically has all the same features, with somewhat better graphics than TdG.
Zwift lets you ride a 5km loop (probably more coming) in very pretty 3D with other people. It's currently in free beta.
VeloReality lets you do course videos, and has an online component as well.

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Quote Reply