Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Ironman nutrition book?
Quote | Reply
Any experience with the various Triathlon or Ironman nutritional books? Based off Amazon, it looks like these are the top sellers:

Complete Nutrition Guide for Triathletes: The Essential Step-By-Step Guide To Proper Nutrition For Sprint, Olympic, Half Ironman, And Ironman Distances

IronFit Strength Training and Nutrition for Endurance Athletes: Time Efficient Training Secrets For Breakthrough Fitness

Sports Nutrition for Endurance Athletes

Racing Weight: How to Get Lean for Peak Performance

Nutrition is one aspect of training that I really have neglected. I do not have a goal of losing weight (I am 6'0" 153 lbs), but would like to improve my nutritional strategy to optimize performance during training and racing (Daily nutrition, pre-race/workout nutrition, during training/racing nutrition, and post workout/racing nutrition) without gaining weight. In the past, my nutrition has been spotty. One day I had a great meals with fresh lean proteins, plenty of fruit and vegetables, whole grains, with limited processed foods, sugars, and animal fats. Other days, I eat Eggo waffles for breakfast, canned soup and sandwich for lunch, frozen pizza or other frozen meal for dinner.

I regularly experience GI distress during training and occasionally during racing. I also want to learn new ways to eliminate that.

Things I DO NOT want: Extreme diet changes (Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, or High fat focus)

I will spend some time reading reviews of each, but wanted to jump start my search with the ST experts!

Quote Reply