Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Cycling Only Books
Quote | Reply
I am dropping the swim and run and focusing on he bike this year. I’m wondering what books ya’ll would recommend? In particular I’m looking for how to structure a season, what my weekly workouts should look like, etc.

I see Friel is coming out with an updated version of the Cyclists Training Bible next month and there’s always Training with Power, but I’m not sure the latter covers how to setup a season, structure the week, etc.

Any thoughts on where to start?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Cycling Only Books [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You named the first two, with plenty more you will find with similar ideas. Carmichael has some books that are especially helpful if you like the motivational nature of his writing (they’re quick reads too). I was also partial to Dave Morris, though it’s a little old fashioned now. You could go way back and read ed Burke or the Eddie B manual.

A great resource that I fear is getting lost to the internet is Charles Howe’s training guide. It’s intelligent, straightforward and free. https://jpansy.files.wordpress.com/.../racing-by-power.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: Best Cycling Only Books [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can, get hold of a copy of Graeme Obree's "The Obree Way."

It's going to be a bit different to any other training manual you find, but it's a good read and worth it for the individual perspective.
Quote Reply