Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Bang for Buck upgrades - 2013 B16
Quote | Reply
Looking for some thoughts on the best bang for the buck upgrades I can make on the bike for this year. I'm a Christmas baby so this is my one chance for gifts during the year.

I pretty much have a stock 2013 Felt B16. Only changes are new saddle, arm pads and a disc cover. I've been fit on it with the current set up and would most likely go get my fit looked at before/after making any set up changes.

My initial thoughts are:

Aero helmet
Used powertap rear wheel (would probably need a new disc cover as well)
Basebar
TriRig Stem

I'd most likely buy the powertap myself as I think that'll be above anyone's budget for me.

Any thoughts on which of these would be best or what better options there are?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bang for Buck upgrades - 2013 B16 [roacher78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good choices.

Aero helmet- LG P09, Specialized McLaren TT, Giro Advantage 2, or Bell Javelin have been known to be good performers as per ERO.

Basebar- Felt Bayonet 3 or Profile Design Ozero TT

I'd prioritize them in this order:
1. Powertap with disc cover
2. Aero helmet
3. Base bar
4. Stem
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bang for Buck upgrades - 2013 B16 [roacher78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If memory serves, the groupset could stand an upgrade to Ultegra, too.

Agree on the other order: wheel, helmet, bar, stem.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bang for Buck upgrades - 2013 B16 [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree on the order. That's how I would prioritize.

Helmet I was leaning towards the Giro A2. Without a wind tunnel that'd be my best guess at what would most likely be fastest for me.

Bars I was thinking about Vision alloy bars. They aren't too expensive and pretty aero. Bayonet would be an option I hadn't thought of. This would be more dependent on fit.

The groupset has Ultegra derailleurs. I also have an Ultegra cassette I got for races because I like the gearing better. I'll probably get a DA or Ultegra chain come spring before races.
Quote Reply