Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bento box for Cervelo with velcro top straps? (Not zipper)
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for recs for a Bento Box for a Cervelo P2c - one WITHOUT a zip-top.

I bought a velcro top box from Loius Garneau, and while the box/velcro works great, the design is too short for my Cervelo - the front loop doesn't reach far enough forward to get around the stem correctly. There's something about the Cervelo stem that angle that makes some boxes not fit, apparently.

My old box from X-Lab worked fine, but I find that the zipper actually gets corroded shut after a season of me sweating down onto it! (Same thing happened to my booties, sadly.)
Last edited by: lightheir: May 2, 15 7:38
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box for Cervelo with velcro top straps? (Not zipper) [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried extending the loop?? - couple of x stitches with some velcro strap. Upholstery place should be able to help you out

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box for Cervelo with velcro top straps? (Not zipper) [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of our bento packs don't need to attach to your stem at all (and yet they stay put with 100% security on your bike), others have long enough straps to easily wrap around your steerer.

About the zipper, as long as you move the sliders of our packs out of the way (those are enamel coated metal), you should not have any corrosion issues, as the zipper chain of our packs is actually a tough plastic coil, made by YKK in the restUSA. Plastic won't corrode from salty sweat, ever. Another thing, the Speedpack 483 does not need to be attached to or even be close to your stem, so you can put it anywhere on your top tube. Including far back enough so that it stays totally out of your sweat shower.

Just some thoughts for your consideration.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: May 3, 15 9:45
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box for Cervelo with velcro top straps? (Not zipper) [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may end up getting one of those.

The unfortunate part is that my current pack corroded exactly on the zipper pull - the zipper itself was also plastic. I'm not sure how, but the corroded zipper pull gets stuck and won't budge. Same thing happened to my booties.

As for the velcro extender, that's actually what I'm using now on a velcro Bento box, but it's suboptimal as the steeper than 90 degree Cervelo stem doesn't fit the rectangle shape of the Bento box, so it's always moving about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It might be worth a shot. Certainly the YKK zipper sliders we use are the best in the industry. No other bentos that I know of use them and I have checked many of them. If you do ever have a corrosion problem, it will be a long long time from now. But better yet, try a SP 483 and get the pack completely out of the (salt) rainshower.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a velcro Bento on my Cervelo. I just checked the brand and it is Topeak (?). It was purchased a few years ago at REI.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This one's worked pretty well for me the past year or so: http://www.amazon.com/...ge?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the lezyne with the mesh and velcro closure works well. rigid, roomy, durable, relatively sleek. those are the qualities I look for in a potential mate.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply