Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bento box
Quote | Reply
Hey guys!! Looking for a new bento box.. Need one that is easy to get into.. Some of these the zippers stick .. If any of u have any recommendations plz share! Happy training!!
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box [Lydiavelia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use this. Velcro mesh flap is super easy to flip open and closed (sometimes I just leave it open), and gives a big opening to get your stuff out.

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/...-Bento-Box/8M?wmp=84

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of bike are you riding?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

anyone use a trek speed box ii on a cervelo (p3)?

seems like it has the largest capacity
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized Amira
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it helps, we make a two different types of advanced bentos that will fit your road bike perfectly, the Speedpack 480 and Speedpack 483.

These happen to be tri bikes, but here is a pic of the 480, and here is a pic of the 483. And this is what athletes think of our packs. More info at the links in the sig below.

thanks,
Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!!
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box [favata1213] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought it for my P2, but decided to go with the Torhans. The bontrager one is nice-very long, thin, not very tall, and very sleek looking. I just thought it was a little too long and wanted something slightly taller so I could hide my cables in it and the Bontrager one was going to more difficult to do so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
If it helps, we make a two different types of advanced bentos that will fit your road bike perfectly, the Speedpack 480 and Speedpack 483.

These happen to be tri bikes, but here is a pic of the 480, and here is a pic of the 483. And this is what athletes think of our packs. More info at the links in the sig below.

thanks,
Greg @ dsw

this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
favata1213 wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Unless there was a recent redesign of the Speed Box ii....storage on it sucks. I switched to the DSW 483.
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box [fishgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fishgo wrote:
favata1213 wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

Unless there was a recent redesign of the Speed Box ii....storage on it sucks. I switched to the DSW 483.

how so? it seems to have the largest capacity (by the numbers) and it looks like it would be easy to pull it out of the rubber compartment? never used it so just trying to gather info.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mounted it but never actually rode with it. It is long and thin which can be good/bad depending on what you plan to use it for. It is long enough to hold a mini pump but it is also not flexible (nor tall) like a DSW or Xlab bag so there are limitations there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sweat a lot and it doesn't drain; lots of sloshing with sweat, water, gatoraide. It isn't large enough to hold a gel flask which I typically want to load in a bag. It has lots of storage by size, but is very long, narrow and not too tall. If you use individual chews or salt tabs or single shot gels, that could work. For my needs, it didn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another +1 for the DarkSpeedWorks.

I've only used mine (483) once, but it worked great and arrived in less than 48 hours. I'm pretty close to their location, but was very impressed.
Last edited by: Furious D: Oct 9, 15 11:04
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box [Furious D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I'm going for the 483
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good call. Love my 483.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply