Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Benefits to joining a team
Quote | Reply
Assuming you have a few "sponsors" already and you join a team with different sponsors, should you feel obligated to use the product the team is using? If the discounts would be the same as your personal sponsors should you end the existing deals you have( wetsuit brands for example). Asking for a friend...
Quote Reply
Re: Benefits to joining a team [jaja518] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaja518 wrote:
Assuming you have a few "sponsors" already and you join a team with different sponsors, should you feel obligated to use the product the team is using? If the discounts would be the same as your personal sponsors should you end the existing deals you have( wetsuit brands for example). Asking for a friend...

Personal suggestion is use what makes you feel fast and confident. The discounts are all the same and are a dime a dozen anyway. Join a team if you are going to train with the team, race with the team, and celebrate with the team, otherwise what is the point.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Sep 27, 17 13:31
Quote Reply
Re: Benefits to joining a team [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's kind of what I figured. The purpose wouldn't be to join and get on new product because it would be more of a lateral move then anything but it would allow me to train with a good group of guys on a more consistent basis, be with them at races and hopefully continue to learn the ins and outs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think someone to train with and race with would be a great benefit. Also comparing training and different techniques would be beneficial.

I was considering joining a team, but the bike shop where they get a discount is an hour away, and their group ride schedule didn't work out for me. So it wasn't worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Benefits to joining a team [jonp9576] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of discount can a bike shop offer?
Quote Reply
Re: Benefits to joining a team [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a discount on bikes. The team is sponsored by Giant. The team is run out of this particular bike shop. So they get a discount on that brand of bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What percentage is the discount?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not sure. i didnt end up joining the team. the bike shop they run out of is almost an hour from me. my bike shop is 10 min away. i would prefer to buy from them since they do lifetime service and fitting on their bikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smart move. Train hard, speak highly of our LBS, go in and shoot the shit and they will help you out more than a "team" would.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I was getting at is that the discount for a team is usually 10 to 20% and any schmuck can get that just by asking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trucker hats. You get trucker hats.
Quote Reply
Re: Benefits to joining a team [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:
Smart move. Train hard, speak highly of our LBS, go in and shoot the shit and they will help you out more than a "team" would.

Or you can be like me and the wife, and be on the team for the shop you like best and get some real discounting.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Benefits to joining a team [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of discount do you get?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I never thought about just asking. I'm booking at buying my first tri bike from them soon. I'll see if they can work with me on pricing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's really no point in putting the number out there. It's higher than was thrown around before, but specifying just opens up oneupsmanship or accusations of lying or braggery or who knows what else. It's good.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
There's really no point in putting the number out there. It's higher than was thrown around before, but specifying just opens up oneupsmanship or accusations of lying or braggery or who knows what else. It's good.

Oh yeah, well I got one of my bikes at employee pricing from my LBS :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would your bike shop discount a Shimano group to beat Merlin Cycles?
Quote Reply