Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Benefit to Going 90 Rear Only?
Quote | Reply
In this upcoming FLO order I'm only able to do one wheel at the moment due to some unexpected expense this past weekend. My plan was to go for a 60/90 combo but now I'm thinking of just going with the 90 rear until the next order or the one after. My question is 1) will I see any benefit from this, I have a 30 front from another brand and 2) will it look retarded?
Quote Reply
Re: Benefit to Going 90 Rear Only? [steelrain66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing wrong with upgrading 1 wheel at a time as your budget allows. I bought a non FC 404 front first and rode with with a scram 30 rear... then later bought a 808FC rear. I have no plans to replace the front. Not enough gains to justify the expense. The freehub of the Sram was getting sketchy anyway.

Sure I guess it looks a little odd, but you can do thinks like remove labels on one or both wheels if it matters to you. My front wheel has disney princess and Dora and stickers on it that my daughter adds before each of my races. I seem to get faster every time she adds one, so I'm not complaining.

What you may find, if you don;t change anything else, is that wheels help, but postilion, crap hanging on your bike, helmet, tires/tubes and frame make as big or bigger difference that wheels.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. yes
2. some people think so but who cares

steelrain66 wrote:
In this upcoming FLO order I'm only able to do one wheel at the moment due to some unexpected expense this past weekend. My plan was to go for a 60/90 combo but now I'm thinking of just going with the 90 rear until the next order or the one after. My question is 1) will I see any benefit from this, I have a 30 front from another brand and 2) will it look retarded?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will get a benefit. It won't look odd or r*****ed. Many people run this kind of combo as it is easier to handle, and the 90 will perform like a disc (not as fast as a disc, but close).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could get a 60 front and a disc cover for your training wheel rear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My son is doing the bike at The IM Coz 1/2 in a couple of weeks and wanted to borrow my Flos (60/90). After riding them a few times he may decide to go with just the 90 on the rear as that course is quite windy (to the point where discs aren't allowed). The point being, with the 60 on front you can get pushed around a lot. While I haven't tried it, I don't think that is the case on the rear so I'd be inclined to get the Rear 90 first.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Benefit to Going 90 Rear Only? [Danielg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This. Jackmott can verify, but I think the front makes a lot more difference than the rear, so you might want to start with that one. Or get a used wheel. Lots of used Hed 3s on CL and here in the classifieds.
Quote Reply