Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Belated USAT Scori
Quote | Reply
This frustrates me every year. Waiting a month (or more) for a race to be scored. I'm never sure who's to blame: USAT or race directors, but I suspect it's the latter. Other than establishing par, it seems like the whole process should be automated.

USAT requires results to be submitted within 15 "business days." This is essentially 21 days, which seems like an inordinate amount of time. But even this deadline isn't being followed. USAT's calendar shows plenty of events from mid May that have yet to be scored.

Although USAT keeps a list of past due race results, it appears the list hasn't been updated in two years: https://www.teamusa.org/...gs/past-due-rankings

This list should be updated so we know who's to blame and which races to avoid. And it should consider enforcing the 15 day rule by refusing to score past due race results.
Quote Reply
Re: Belated USAT Scori [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just shoot USAT an email. In my experience, when I wait for a score for too long, it usually gets posted within days of sending an email inquiry.
Quote Reply
Re: Belated USAT Scori [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tfleeger wrote:
Just shoot USAT an email. In my experience, when I wait for a score for too long, it usually gets posted within days of sending an email inquiry.

x2. I have a race missing from April. USAT said they hadn't yet received the results from the race director. I need to ping the RD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is crazy that they have not perfected this one and only real benefit to all the people that fund their organization. It is the one thing that just about every one looks at and uses and it is in a constant state of mess, along with their website. WTC does the same thing, how hard is it to put results and rankings into a format that is easy to find and searchable all the way back to the beginning?

ITU pro rankings come out on time and are accurate, it is just numbers that are different and computers are very good at crunching big numbers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So simple, just write USAT and ask status. They always come back in a day saying if they have them. Just had to do this with one race where the RD had not sent them in, so I wrote the RD. They were in the next day. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Celerius wrote:
This frustrates me every year. Waiting a month (or more) for a race to be scored. I'm never sure who's to blame: USAT or race directors, but I suspect it's the latter. Other than establishing par, it seems like the whole process should be automated.

USAT requires results to be submitted within 15 "business days." This is essentially 21 days, which seems like an inordinate amount of time. But even this deadline isn't being followed. USAT's calendar shows plenty of events from mid May that have yet to be scored.

Although USAT keeps a list of past due race results, it appears the list hasn't been updated in two years: https://www.teamusa.org/...gs/past-due-rankings

This list should be updated so we know who's to blame and which races to avoid. And it should consider enforcing the 15 day rule by refusing to score past due race results.

It's pretty much always USAT's fault, not the RD's fault. The fact that you have to email them to remind them to do this is pretty crazy. I wonder how many emails they have to field because they just are not on the ball. At all.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Belated USAT Scori [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Celerius wrote:

It's pretty much always USAT's fault, not the RD's fault. The fact that you have to email them to remind them to do this is pretty crazy. I wonder how many emails they have to field because they just are not on the ball. At all.

And what facts do you have to back up this comment?

Over the years I have yet to have one case where result issues were USAT's fault. Has always been 100% the RD's fault.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Belated USAT Scori [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Celerius wrote:

Over the years I have yet to have one case where result issues were USAT's fault. Has always been 100% the RD's fault.

I have written to USAT twice about these issues. Both times they have told me they had not received the results. So I asked the RD who is a friend of mine and he said that he sent the results in weeks ago, the day after the race, and this is just what USAT does every time. I have stopped writing to USAT.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Celerius wrote:

I have written to USAT twice about these issues. Both times they have told me they had not received the results. So I asked the RD who is a friend of mine and he said that he sent the results in weeks ago, the day after the race, and this is just what USAT does every time. I have stopped writing to USAT.

I have heard that from RD's also, and as we dealt with where they were, in each case, the RD made a mistake.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just don't believe that 80% of RD's don't get their results in to USAT for a month, even though they get their results on the web on race day.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
I just don't believe that 80% of RD's don't get their results in to USAT for a month, even though they get their results on the web on race day.

Yep, that type of number would be have I seen over the years. It is 15 work days so that already makes it 3 weeks by the rules.

If you can show and prove a case where the RD sent, and can prove it, and USAT did not get, I would love to get involved since let's deal with facts,
rather than internet fake news.

As I said, I have had a few RD's try this excuse with me over the years and in 100% of the cases, well, the RD was eating crow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Celerius wrote:

I second the question. The race I had a question with turned out to be an issue with the RD, not USAT.
Quote Reply
Re: Belated USAT Scori [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If USAT updated the past due race results list, we'd all know the answer. The fact that they don't keep that list up to date suggests they are partly to blame. The reason I think this matters is that no ranking is really accurate if it's a month or more out of date. We're six months into the year. My guess is that we'd have many, many more ranked athletes (3 or more races for the year) if the race results were up to date.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is also an issue with scoring Chatt 70.3... the pro field swam and different course than the age groupers and its listed as you see in WTC results. This would significantly skew par times for both pro fields and AG...

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Celerius wrote:
If USAT updated the past due race results list, we'd all know the answer. The fact that they don't keep that list up to date suggests they are partly to blame. The reason I think this matters is that no ranking is really accurate if it's a month or more out of date. We're six months into the year. My guess is that we'd have many, many more ranked athletes (3 or more races for the year) if the race results were up to date.

Again, do you have facts for these statements? I believe they are 100% up to date from what the RD's have given them. Only takes them a few days to rank and post once they get them.

I do not need to guess that they do a great job since I interface with them a lot. I like to deal with facts.

Quote Reply
Re: Belated USAT Scori [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you e-mail someone specific? I'm looking for some results as well.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IME tends to be an issue with the actual data being sent to USAT.
Quote Reply
Re: Belated USAT Scori [Im-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im-a-miler wrote:
did you e-mail someone specific? I'm looking for some results as well.

USA Triathlon Rankings <Rankings@usatriathlon.org>

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Celerius wrote:

If USAT says they have not gotten the results, but the RD says they were sent, who do you believe? Does 100% emails get sent and received correctly?

So I have an email telling me that RD's had sent in their results but USAT had not done their job and posted results. Well, I decided to ask USAT since they have always gotten back to me within hours with status of what was going on.

Here is what I got back from USAT on this.

Hello Dave,

The results from the Rev3 Quassy have been uploaded with the exception of the Olympic Triathlon and the Half Triathlon. There were discrepanices between the online results and the results sent to us at USA Triathlon. I have not yet received the Jerseyman results. When we don't receive them in the allotted 15 business days we do email the timing company and race director to let them know we do need them. If they are incorrect then we let the race director know and they typically fix them within a few days.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Take care!
Nick

Kudos to USAT

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a race a few weeks back and have been looking for the race rankings. Nothing.

So I wrote the RD and asked if they had been sent in. They said 2 weeks ago.

I wrote USAT and they said they have nothing.

RD even though said they sent them in, just sent them again.

So if one cares about rankings, one just needs to watch, and if an issue, just write the folks in a positive approach. Things get lost. No reason to points fingers.
Just have them resent.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
I did a race a few weeks back and have been looking for the race rankings. Nothing.

So I wrote the RD and asked if they had been sent in. They said 2 weeks ago.

I wrote USAT and they said they have nothing.

RD even though said they sent them in, just sent them again.

So if one cares about rankings, one just needs to watch, and if an issue, just write the folks in a positive approach. Things get lost. No reason to points fingers.
Just have them resent.

And less than an hour after I got the note they were resent, USAT just sent a note to me them have been scored and uploaded to the ranking system.
I can see the results. Now, that is service. KUDO"S USAT!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I'm a race director. In 15 years of producing tris/dus we have never submitted results late to USAT.

We have had numerous times where they have told racers that we did and in each case we could show exactly what date they were submitted and that they were on time.

Amazingly every time results show up scored on their site within a day or 2.

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Belated USAT Scori [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FF Boots wrote:
Well I'm a race director. In 15 years of producing tris/dus we have never submitted results late to USAT.

We have had numerous times where they have told racers that we did and in each case we could show exactly what date they were submitted and that they were on time.

Amazingly every time results show up scored on their site within a day or 2.

The RD resent them.

I just do not understand why anyone, let alone an RD, would want to make this a negative process. Things get lost. All one has to do is look. So in your case, it would seem after you sent, you would want to look and see if the results are up, in like a week. If not, write USAT and see if there are any issues. Why have to make everything with USAT a negative?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No we dont have to make everything negative. That also means not everything is positive.

Race directors make mistakes. USAT makes mistakes.

I made a mistake thinking you could actually see both sides and admit that sometimes USAT makes mistakes.

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Belated USAT Scori [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FF Boots wrote:
No we dont have to make everything negative. That also means not everything is positive.

Race directors make mistakes. USAT makes mistakes.

I made a mistake thinking you could actually see both sides and admit that sometimes USAT makes mistakes.

I never said USAT does not make mistakes. The ROKA TeamUSA racing suits are a joke!

But to say to anyone, just because I put it in the mail, snail or electronic, or text, means the other person got it is just not true!!!! So in these cases, why not follow up; and assume the person may not have gotten.
I cannot tell you how many times, as an example, a person said they sent me a text. I then shown them my phone and they eat crow and say well my reception at that time was bad, as one excuse.

I have had snail mail stolen or put into the wrong mail box and never got. This is why one sends registered snail mail that has to be signed for.

And yep, electronic mail can end up in the junk bin, from either the ISP or ones account.

Oh well, the haters of USAT will always hate something. Again, I never had said, or ever will say, USAT is person, and either am I.

Quote Reply