Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Beam bikes 2007
Quote | Reply
Tell me again , what is happening with beam/boom bikes for Triathlons in 2007? Will they be banned, or is it only for the pros?....or am I totally hallucinating about this?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Last edited by: docfuel: Nov 4, 05 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: Beam bikes 2007 [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where did this rummor get started?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup - yer nuts

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Beam bikes 2007 [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Yup - yer nuts[/reply]
I'm glad, I don't want to give up my Rocket.

You'll have to take it from my cold, dead hands.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
step away from the mushrooms, doc! :-9

I'm hoping we Boomers and Beamers get more numerous so that we will not only have a good chance of never getting banned, but even be embraced where once we only got the cold shoulder. However, I find I CAN ride a DD frame if it is only once in a while, so I could race on one if I had to. I do not seem to be able to ride a DD frame as a training bike, though, so I'll always have a Boom bike to train upon.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Beam bikes 2007 [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My road bike is a DD, but on rough roads, especially in aero, a beam/boom is....is....is....pretty unbeatable. I think poor fit and plain prejudice contribute to a lot of the bad notices that I read/hear.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My understanding is that there will be no change in triathlon for 2007. Beam bike are valid in all races except ITU pro draft-legal events. It's the USCF that's having the identity crisis. And even that's unclear. But even if beam bikes are against hte rules in 2007, it really depends on the ref at any particular race as to whether you'll be disallowed from the race. Unless it's a really stick-up-the-ass judge, you'll probaby be allowed to race a beam bike -- just don't try it at Districts or Nat's.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, your on the magic juice!

No bans, and yes beam bikes are the fastest design but they never made them stiff enough, to much lost power and handling. Interesting??? A Zipp 2001 style with new carbon layup and stronger beam???
Quote Reply
Re: Beam bikes 2007 [Slapper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yep, your on the magic juice!

No bans, and yes beam bikes are the fastest design but they never made them stiff enough, to much lost power and handling. Interesting??? A Zipp 2001 style with new carbon layup and stronger beam???
Never been on a TitanFlex, I presume? Oops, I see you said beam bikes, since the TitanFlex is a Boom bike, I guess you aren't saying you've tried one. If you are interested in a Boom bike, but were holding off because you thought it wouldn't be stiff, this is one to try. How about the Trek Y-Foil...anyone ridden that one? Is it stiff or flexy? I've only seen one from a distance...

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom from TitanFlex asked USA Triathlon the same question in a previous thread and they responded:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...guest=5679459#564835
Quote Reply
Re: Beam bikes 2007 [Slapper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Yep, your on the magic juice!

No bans, and yes beam bikes are the fastest design but they never made them stiff enough, to much lost power and handling. Interesting??? A Zipp 2001 style with new carbon layup and stronger beam???[/reply]

My Rocket TT is plenty stiff, unlike the Zipp noodle.

Quote Reply