Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bb86
Quote | Reply
Installing a bb86 and found that it seems "sluggish" after the cranks were on.

When I spin the cranks they go around once or twice then they stop quickly. My only other experience is with threaded bb's. So is this normal? Or should they spin a couple revolutions before slowing down?
Quote Reply
Re: Bb86 [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably....but on my BB30, they were sluggish to begin with and now spin like a ceramic......see how they go after a run-in period. Besides the brain trust on ST would say that you are not losing any watts because of it, based on the fact that you gain nothing from a free spinning ceramic versus a regular BB!?

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel like I recall another thread on a similar issue... and I think the conclusion was that a lot of BB's will only go around one or two revolutions until they're extremely broken in; but even brand new, under load they spin very smoothly, so the bearing drag that you think you might be getting isn't actually there at all.

Quote | Reply
I had the same issue, pulled the cranks, grease, reinstalled, didn't tighten them as much, and they were good.
Quote Reply