Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Badu Swim Jet
Quote | Reply
I've been pondering adding a Fastlane or Badu Swim Jet system to my pool. Just tried the 3 jet system with 2X 4hp pumps at their HQ, and it was pretty sweet. Does anyone have any ownership experience with it? I like the cleaner look and local vendor (in town), but the Fastlane seems like the standard bearer on generating a smooth swim current...

I'm a bigger guy who generally swims around 1:45 / 100 yards. Current was great for endurance swim practice and drills, but probably a bit slow for tempo repeats (I was in a wetsuit, so probably would feel stronger without one). I also need a little practice to stay centered in the right part of the current but that seemed like it would be easy enough (got the feel of it pretty quickly).

Would love your take, particularly if you own or have used either one. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Badu Swim Jet [BFPD1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too am looking for information about the badu vs fastlane or any other. Not many great reviews online. I'd like to know if you can adjust speed on badu and how this compares to other systems that are out there. Seems that the badu has a lot of turbulence. All other reviews are from 07. Surely someone has some more recent experiences to share.
Quote Reply
Re: Badu Swim Jet [Jayantinnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have the Badu stream II installed in their pool? I would love to find a review? My husband and I are both triathletes and looking to supplement pool time.
Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious if you installed the Badu Jet system in your pool (or if anyone else has). I have lost the "endless pool fastlane" battle with the wife of putting one in due aesthetics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a swimstream system in our shop. We did also looked at the Badu system, but went away. One of our competitor shops, bur very nice people we have a good relationship with, went the Badu way.
And have nothing but trouble…..after their opening in March it didn’t work, it has been something like 8 weeks before it was fixed…but now the current is so off that in no time it pushes you to one side of the pool and you are like swimming 45 degrees clockwise in the pool.

Pretty happy that we didn’t go that way…..

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Badu Swim Jet [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, this was a super old thread, but thanks for responding. We ended up going with a FastLane, and it was awesome. Used it for 5 years without issues, other than the pace clock failed in rainy and humid weather. Rest of the system was awesome. No longer have it as I sold the home, but loved it while it was in my life.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah. I wanted the fast lane but the wife wasn’t having it.

I will report back in a year on the badu jets. There is just such minimal third party reviews out there on it. (Especially the two motor/three jet system).
Quote Reply
Re: Badu Swim Jet [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am building a house with a pool and built the cost of badu into the budget. It turns out there facility is 30mins from my house. I went and swam in there test systems, and after 45 minutes concluded I would never use the system. Swimming in it was like a wave pool and it was really hard to stay centered. Once you are off center, getting back is not easy. I decided I would rather swim in a lap pool that have the convenience of the system.
Quote Reply
Re: Badu Swim Jet [Fnulnu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info! Just curious if the system you used had 1/2/or3 nozzles. Not sure if that would impact the flow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe 3 jet. If you call and ask what system they have in their test pool, you can know for sure. I could also outswim it. The way they explained the system when I originally asked about outswimming it, was that yes it can be outswam, but is designed for someone doing a longer workout, or water jogging. The staff is incredibly nice. They also had a prototype system similar to and endless pool. I don’t remember if it was as hidden as the jets, but I think they were waiting on further approvals to produce it for selling. If you are anywhere near Jacksonville florida, I would check it out before buying. Again great customer service and nice facility, but I just couldn’t see myself using the system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this! I was working on a pool budget as well. They look to have a new system similar to other endless pools - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNKe0jOsrVA

Is this the one you tested? It looks pretty darn sweet.
Quote Reply
Re: Badu Swim Jet [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that is the second system I tried, or similar to it. I think it was back in October, so maybe they finished it by now. It seemed much better. I’m not sure if the guys are totally hidden.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m happy to go jump in it again and take some videos if you need it. I’m about a 30min HIM, 1:05 IM swimmer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a similar swimmer, and have been waiting for this new badu system to launch. If you have time to try it out, that would be amazing - would be great to get some real feedback. I'm in Canada and I can't find any testing locations out here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.speck-pumps.com/...-pro/?v=7516fd43adaa

I think they have the units for sale in the EU. I have asked about if they are for sale in the US. I assume its a regulatory thing or supply chain why they are not for sale yet in the US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think a lot of their production is in Germany, so they may be waiting for import clearance or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Badu Swim Jet [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put a Badu Imperial in with a pool build last year. Two jets, one 5 HP motor. For recreation it's fun but for swim training honestly I wouldn't do it again. Staying straight, as others have said, is an issue. Other issue is that output will be strong for 1-2 minutes then for no reason just drop. Thirty seconds later it's cranking again. But consistency is poor.

That new Turbo system looks interesting. I'll be curious to see what the price point is.
Quote Reply
Re: Badu Swim Jet [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will go swim in the new system in the next few weeks and get details.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious if you ever were able to test out the new system? I called them and they said they are "hopeful it would be available within the next month."

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm curious if anyone has tested the new Badu Turbo Jet model. It looks like some people were checking it out last year. It says it has a flow rate of 350 mÂł/h, whatever that means. I can't find similar stats for the older Badu or the Fastlane. But I see that Fastlane Pro allows swim speeds up to 1:08/100y pace. I called the Badu customer service and they said it's 1500 gallons/minute. Fastlane says up to 5000. That seems like a huge difference if it's apples to apples.

It would be great if the Badu is sufficient...the in-wall installation is really nice.
Last edited by: G$: Aug 2, 22 8:58
Quote Reply