Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BTA Out-Front Computer Mount
Quote | Reply
Has anyone found a BTA computer mount that will position the bike computer in front of a BTA bottle like the XLab Torpedo or Profile Aero HC bottle?

I had an XLab Torpedo Versa 500 with my old cockpit, and I really liked the out front location of the computer mount. When I upgraded to the Alpha X cockpit, I switched to the Alpha’s built-in bottle cage mount. I am still using the XLab cage & bottle, but not the original carbon plate. Therefore, I have no place to attach the XLab’s computer mount.

I am looking for something that could bolt to a bottle cage with a stick that extends forward enough to clear the bottle for the computer. The “spoon” mounts are on the right path, but they do not look long enough. And, they would be underneath the bottle—not a deal-breaker, but tougher to see than something that I could position around the nose of the bottle.

I currently have XLab’s “Space Saver Computer Mount” that attaches on the little wing at the back of the bottle, but I do not like it. It puts the computer too far back for easy visibility.

Because of my extension shape and bottle positioning, I cannot easily use on of the little things that attaches to the extensions. No room.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Out-Front Computer Mount [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you remove the current cage you're using from the Alpha X cockpit and replace it with a Speedfil Z4? That has an integrated Garmin mount on top of it. I installed one last night (traditional BTA setup, works great).

Your favorite mafia sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry this is the best photo I have of it on my phone (screen grab from video).

My extensions are very close together and I can't use a bracket like you're talking about either. I messed around with this forever then came up with what seemed like a simple solution I can't believe I didn't think of sooner.

So I put the regular garmin mount on the back of the 520 (the one that will attach to round tube with rubber bands). This gives the back of the 520 some teeth that dug into the bar tape on the extentions. Then i just used electrical tape to make sure it didn't pop out going over a bump or something. Worked great for a race.

When not racing I use the xlab kompact that puts the garmin on top of the bottle. For the race I didn't want the garmin up in the wind so went with this method.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try looking up the zipp vuka bta mount. That has the computer mount where I think you want it.

I have a regular cage zip tied between the aerobars. My garmin mount is a short piece of cut pvc held in between the bars just ahead of the bottle. Not as clean as the zipp bta but a lot cheaper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make your own out of a piece of plastic pipe cut to fit between the extensions and a few zip ties.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right now I use a piece of PVC pipe cut to size and have used it with a torhans aeroZ and a regular BTA bottle with no issues. Super easy and way cheaper than anything out there!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Out-Front Computer Mount [bryce_d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same story here... new alpha x. I ended up drilling through the threaded holes on the alpha bta plate thing and then used the zipp vulka without the zipp bulky clamp parts. so basically i put the part of the vulka under the alpha bta plate and used it as nuts for the water bottle screws... the only thing i wish was that i could turn the bottle cage forward. especially for races when i get the gatorade bottles you want them where if they fall out they land in your hands.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Out-Front Computer Mount [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just installed the alpha x, and am dropping a torhans BTA in there after removing the BTA plate.
I have the K-edge TT mount on order https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M2X7VWD/

After a little tinkering and adjusting and twisting and turning, i got this setup

Last edited by: harshc: Apr 14, 17 11:48
Quote Reply