Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BTA Hydration and Up Front Computer?
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone,

I did a search on this and couldn't find anything... Do any of you have solutions to mounting both a BTA bottle and Computer on your aero bars?

I have a water bottle zip tie setup on my bike and just ordered a computer. I am afraid I'll have to ditch the BTA bottle to accomodate the cpu... Does anyone have a solution or better idea?

I have short forearms so the idea of putting the computer just up front more probably won't work... I'll be sure to try before I ditch the BTA setup completely.

TIA
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration and Up Front Computer? [Li0nel1234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just move your BTA further back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i use a combo of a Zipp BTA mount and the bottle and cage from the Profile Design HC bottle mounted the "wrong" way around. works very well as i can swipe through the screen on my edge 800 without moving, and the water bottle is spill free and still relatively easy to refill on the go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have t-rex arms so my cockpit is setup really short. I use a Torhans AeroZ BTA and a BarFly TT mounted right behind my right shifter. The setup fits my Garmin 500 without any issues and it's always in sight. However, I'm waiting on my Zipp BTA mount to show up, then I'll use that and the TriSports bracket to run a normal bottle/cage there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Torpedo and then a Zipp garmin mount out in front of that. Computer ends up being just behind the hands, almost like a head-up display. Absolutely love it.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what caused to ditch using a computer. The bottle mount works better than my computer ever did. I pretty much ride the same courses and just use my watch for timing.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration and Up Front Computer? [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,

I forgot about making this thread but I made a little out front mount with a coat hanger, duct tape, and the provided mount and rubber bands.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty cool. Does it get bouncy?
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration and Up Front Computer? [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only on the bumpy pot hole roads... but when I'm on those I'm looking to avoid stuff rather than my cadence or power... I don't think it's much more bouncy than the garmin out front mount on the same roads. So like 98% of the time it's fine. It's also nice to be able to push buttons and stay in the aero position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a pretty cool little setup. I might just copy it!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration and Up Front Computer? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

If you need more pictures or anything when you do, let me know!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been on the same quest. Have tried a number of different solutions (Speedfill, XLab Torpedo, Profile Design HC) and then jury-rigged the computer mount to somewhere that worked for me. All of these had issues.

However, I think I finally found the one that works for me - the new Profile Design FC (comes in 25 and 35 fl oz versions). Computer mount is out front right where I need it.

Not that it's perfect. It's tricky to disassemble for cleaning (gets easier with practice) And out of the box, it rattles like crazy (I fixed that with some of those little sticky felt pads designed for the bottom of chair legs). And the water can slosh around a bit (fixed that with that anti-sloshing yellow mesh stuff that comes with the Torpedo).

After a couple of test runs, it's now working fine for me. No rattles, no sloshing, Garmin right in my line of sight (although out front is arguably the least aero place it could go).
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration and Up Front Computer? [smallard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a picture? That sounds like a nice set up. I've considered going to a speed fil type bottle up front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never have worked out how to post a photo in the Slowtwitch forum!

However, this is the system I'm talking about:

http://www.profile-design.com/...fc-hydration-system/

By the way, here's a pro tip - put the mounting bracket on upside down for major aero savings:

http://ero-sports.com/...setup-can-be-crucial
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration and Up Front Computer? [smallard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used the Speedfill Z4 this year, and it works well. Integrated Garmin mount on top of the bottle.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration and Up Front Computer? [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
I've used the Speedfill Z4 this year, and it works well. Integrated Garmin mount on top of the bottle.

Ding ding ding.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration and Up Front Computer? [ffips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffips wrote:
natethomas wrote:

Ding ding ding.

Speedfil here as well...
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration and Up Front Computer? [cricket1116] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my solution, didn't like the stock location for a computer mount on the FC25, so I modified it a bit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cricket1116 wrote:
ffips wrote:
natethomas wrote:

Ding ding ding.

Speedfil here as well...

another vote for the speedfil z4 cage - i just use regular bottles with it. Has lots of different zip tie slots so you can get it set exactly where you want it.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Hydration and Up Front Computer? [cl60guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can any of you guys with the z4 put up some pictures to show the cross section or "what the wind sees"? I like my little janky setup but I want to be able to drink from the aero without even pulling a bottle. I think I would drink a lot more if I had that option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cricket1116 wrote:
ffips wrote:
natethomas wrote:

Ding ding ding.

Speedfil here as well...

I just moved away from the Speedfil and bought an FC25 like the one shown above.
I just couldn't get the cage stable enough when it had an 800ml bottle in it, and it ejected on several occasions - the most recent occurance nearly brought me down.
It was fine with a 500ml bottle though.

YMMV
Quote Reply