Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BTA Bottle - Extensions Under Basebar
Quote | Reply
My profile design extensions run under my basebar and I have yet to find a solution that will allow me to use a BTA bottle short of getting new aero bars. Because they run under, the distance from the basebar to where the bars turn up is too short to fit the Torpedo or Aero HC. I currently have a Torhans 30 which is fine, however I can't rack by the handlebars which creates a problem since my seat is too tall to rack by at 95% of races. Anyone else have this problem, or, more importantly, a solution?
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Bottle - Extensions Under Basebar [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much room is there? Can you post a pic?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes - I had this same dilemma with my old cockpit (Oval Concepts). I used a Profile Design HC mount attached to the extensions, but posted the bottle cage in an appropriate position by using aluminum spacers and new bolts purchased from Sears hardware. It may have been a little odd looking, but it suited my needs.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Bottle - Extensions Under Basebar [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the best pictures, but hopefully sufficient to display the issue.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on the Profile Design HC Mount

http://www.profile-design.com/...ration/hc-mount.html
Quote Reply
Re: BTA Bottle - Extensions Under Basebar [Grim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried the aero HC Mount (the bottle as well). If I place it as is, it puts the bottle so far forward that it pushes against my aero bars and I can't wrap my hands around them. I suppose if I can make some sort of lift kit for it, I can pull it back closer to the stem to leave room for my hands up front. I guess two pieces of PVC pipe running parallel on top of my aero bars near the base bar might work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I don't have the extensions below my Basebar, I had similar issues with getting a way to get a BTA bottle to sit well - I have my computer sitting between my extensions similar to what you have.

I took one of these - http://www.wiggle.com/...e-cage-saddle-mount/ - and used only the section that the cage screws into. I dremmeled it so that it sits on top of my stem (extending out past it a bit) and then zip tied the crap out of it to make sure it is snug. The result is the back of the cage/bottle is about where the back of my armpads are and the bottle sits exactly at the same height as my arms, hiding it nicely (it almost never shows up in race pics).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a similar setup but my bars are even shorter and closer together (I'm tiny). I used a Hed lollipop on the stem to pull the bottle cage further back. Does not work anymore b/c I put on a 25-degree stem, but if yours isn't angled, that might be a good option for you. I'm still searching for the right thing for me.
Quote Reply