Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
BOB strollers: Revolution and Motion. Looking for user experiences-Jogging and everyday use
Quote | Reply
I posted in the LR room about questions regarding strollers. Bob came up, and I have only heard great things about them. I am curious if any users have the MOTION stroller and whether or not they do any jogging with it, or if it more strictly for light use.

*IF you have the Motion stroller, do you feel that the seated angle of your child is appropriate, or do they sit too far back? I am only asking because I noticed it in some of the comments online.
Ideally we expect to be using the chicco keyfit system with the BOB if we get it. We currently have the chicco bravo trio set, but it is new and I can still return it.

I am also curious how many of you use the jogging stroller (Revolution, Flex) etc. as an everyday stroller-of it is too big for that. I know some people use it, but it looks bulky.

I also saw the city mini stroller, but that does not appear to be a jogging stroller even though it labeled as "jogging" stroller.

Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: BOB strollers: Revolution and Motion. Looking for user experiences-Jogging and everyday use [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We use the Bob Revolution stroller. I don't have any experience with the other models. It is sort of big but folds very small for travel and rolls very easy. It's also good for near 18min 5ks and a 35pd kid. So that's always nice too.
Quote Reply
Re: BOB strollers: Revolution and Motion. Looking for user experiences-Jogging and everyday use [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the revolution single and then double when we had our second child. Used them for daily stroller and jogging. Worked excellent, really did everything we needed and highly recommend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have any experience but I'm in the market for one, new addition coming in June. There was a pretty lengthy thread here a while back that I will try to find. From my research and speaking with folks here I'm going to try the Thule Urban Glide and attempt to use it as an every day stroller.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been running with our Bob Revolution for 7 years. We must have logged hundreds if not thousands of kilometers.

We often used it for everyday activities because you can load it up with stuff (coats, food, etc.) and push/turn it with one hand. The large wheels allow you to push it over curbs and obstacles.

We had a smaller umbrella-like stroller for times in which the Bob was too big. It was hell to use compared to the Bob.

The Bob is the cadillac of strollers.
Quote Reply
Re: BOB strollers: Revolution and Motion. Looking for user experiences-Jogging and everyday use [dave_voyageur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I want to get one-I just don't know which one. I want the smaller one that has 4 wheels, and figure we can get the revolution one later...but it would probably just be smarter to get the big revolution instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a single and a double BOB. Both are fantastic. We used them for jogging /running and every day activities as well. The double is kind of bulky but not too Badawi if you have two kids and a ton of crap. Had the car seat adapter with the single and it worked great. Hade the weather shield with the double and always worked well. You really can't go wrong with a BOB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the opposite- got the BOB first and figured if I wanted/needed something different or smaller I'd buy it later but I never needed or wanted anything else. Just bought the double BOB when #2 came along. (Sorry- I just re-read who wrote this and know I already responded in the LR).

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Last edited by: RockyMtnChic: Feb 14, 16 20:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the babyjogger city mini GT and the baby jogger summit x3

http://www.babyjogger.com/product/summit-x3/

http://www.babyjogger.com/product/city-mini-gt/

the wheels on our city mini are to small for it to be a jogger. the X3 is the best stroller we've had - the easiest to fold, has its own padded travel case in to which we stuff everything when flying - you just have to remove the wheels. In fact with wheels on its slightly smaller than the Uppababy Vista

the only issue with both of these are that the baby needs to be a minimum size, that the car seat fixture makes it all a little weird as the seat's still there and the bassinet they previously offered faced away from you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just went out with our Revolution for the first time 2 days ago. Other than one hand not moving, it didn't seem like I really was pushing anything. It rolls super easy. Obviously, I had the front wheel locked and it tracked well and was super easy to change direction; I was expecting it was going to be a pain, but it wasn't. It is also great just pushing it around as a stroller and the larger wheels are nice for going in grass at outdoor events. I will say it is probably a bit big to be navigating around smaller stores, but we usually carry the kid anyway. My one complaint with it has since gone away. When we first got it, we had an adapter to put the infant car seat in it. The extra weight and how high it was made it seem pretty unstable. It never actually fell over, but going over bumps or off very short curbs it would wobble back and forth more so than I really liked. Since the kid now sits in it, I don't notice this to be the case anymore at all.

If you do get one, pick up one of the handlebar consoles. It's nice for drinks/cell phone when running or just walking around. I just got the cheap $20 and it works fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have the Bob revolution, great stroller. my wife has put a ton of miles on it. We have an umbrella type stroller and maybe use it 5% of total stroller time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have a chance, I'd highly recommend checking out a Chariot Cougar. I've had both a single and a double. The quality is superb, wheels are bigger and real spoked wheels, super easy to clean, and they really hold their resale value big time. I believe I kept each of mine for about 2 years, and was able to resell for about 80% of what I paid.
Also, if using mostly for jogging/biking (as opposed to pushing around the mall, etc), I'd recommend just getting the double, even if you only have one child. The double allows you to pack a bunch of 'stuff' inside with your child (toys, food, room to stretch out, etc).
Also, not sure about the Bob, but the Chariot has available -many- different attachments to use for various sports, stroller wheels, fixed jogging wheel, bike arm, XC skiing attachment, etc.

Cheers
Last edited by: gibson00: Feb 15, 16 1:47
Quote Reply
Re: BOB strollers: Revolution and Motion. Looking for user experiences-Jogging and everyday use [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. I'm going to look into the bob online.
Quote Reply
Re: BOB strollers: Revolution and Motion. Looking for user experiences-Jogging and everyday use [dirtydan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dirtydan wrote:
We have the Bob revolution, great stroller. my wife has put a ton of miles on it. We have an umbrella type stroller and maybe use it 5% of total stroller time.

This is what we did, the umbrella stroller comes in handy for certain conditions like airports and stuff, but the vast majority was the Bob.

The other great purchase was the $20 city bike from goodwill that I put the kid seat on the back of. I did about half of my ironman miles one year on there taking turns with the kids, one hour with kid A, one hour with kid B, then finish the ride on my road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have the motion for our everyday stroller. I've never noticed the seat angle, but my wife just commented that she's thought my son was leaned back a little all the time. He never makes a noise when he's in it, so I assume he's quite comfortable (he'll let you know if he wants out of something for sure). Very easy to use and store. Not sure if this is what you are getting at, but I would not recommend it for a jogging stroller. It's definitely a little more rugged than your everyday stroller, but we have a separate jogging stroller. I've got a Joovy 360 (which is cheaper and larger than the BOB), so I can't comment exactly on the revolution, but I also wouldn't want to use that stroller as the regular stroller. A lot more bulky getting in the car/SUV for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Revolution. The big wheels make all the difference, especially if you run off-road, on snow/ice, and when negotiating curbs.

We got the car seat adapter and were running with our ~6 week-old.

The Motion looks good too but not for jogging.
Quote Reply
Re: BOB strollers: Revolution and Motion. Looking for user experiences-Jogging and everyday use [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured that the motion wasn't good for running. I want something small like the motion, but get that the bob revolution would be the smart buy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, we have the Burley Solstice as both our everyday and jogger. It's a little big for everyday usage, but folds up decent enough to fit in the family Jetta, though that's pretty much the only thing that fits in the trunk.

It does really well jogging...has a front wheel lock out and extendable handle. The handle is a little low for my frame (6'5'') but manageable...the Mrs loves it (5'4''). Kiddo seems to be pretty happy in there; he usually just goes to sleep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have the Revolution Pro as our only stroller. So far, so good. I take the baby jogging with it 3-4 times a week and we use it as our every-day stroller for walks and groceries, etc. It is a bit bulky to fit in the car, but I prefer to carry the baby when possible (easier with a 4-mo old than a 2-yo I'm sure!). Like others, my wife and I decided to get this stroller first then see if we needed a smaller 'throw-away' stroller. As it is now, we are happy with just the one stroller. I say get the nice expensive stroller first, and if you find it doesn't meet all of your needs you can get a cheap one for everything else.

---
Quote Reply
Re: BOB strollers: Revolution and Motion. Looking for user experiences-Jogging and everyday use [MonkeyClaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UPDATE:
I have taken a small step forward with my OCD situation and this stroller. We had a friend give us 2 strollers. 1 was a city mini and the other one was a bob revolution. They were covered in spider webs and I looked more closely at the city mini and saw a lot of mold on it. Since Babies R Us is having a pretty sweet deal on turning in old junk to get 25% off something-I turned in the old moldy unit.

I then called BOB strollers and bought a new fabric kit for the donated one. Pretty sweet deal! I got the works for $95.00. That included the canopy, seat system and the storage on the bottom. Just thought I would let everyone know that it can be done.

I still want to get the new city mini stroller, or the bob motion stroller for everday use. BUT, that would require some annoying returns in separate directions (45 minutes one way to Buy Buy Baby and 30 minutes the other direction to Babies R Us). Plus, the wife is getting sick of me! :)

3 weeks and 1 day to expected due date. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a great deal! Very exciting times too. You'll probably want to get an infant insert (you can get them at Walmart I think) to take the baby running. I started around 8 weeks, but a lot of it depends on where you're running (smooth vs. rough) and how strong the baby's neck is. You don't want to run with a bobble head. Remember, it's not a competition to see who can take their baby first. We skipped the infant seat attachment. Actually, we skipped the infant seat altogether and just got an appropriate convertible seat. Everyone and every baby is different though, so do what works best for you.

Congrats on the new addition!

---
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is fantastic that BOB will do that! One thing off your list!!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a BOB Sport Ute - http://www.bobgear.com/...ort-utility-stroller

It's fantastic. LOTS of miles on it with my kids. I found they didn't actually like running in it until they were about two. Now they all want to be the one who goes running.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
another vote for Bob Revolution. have single and double. have run probably 5000 miles between the two of them. Kids love it. The things are indestructible. Great shade protection for walks to the park, etc. Buy the carseat adaptor and the weather shade and you'll be set. We started running with them at 3-4 months.

I will disagree with one poster above though--they do slow you down big time, somewhere between 30sec to 1 min per mile depending on terrain. I actually think it is good cross-training for the core and upper body to have to control the stroller up and down hills and around corners.
Quote Reply
Re: BOB strollers: Revolution and Motion. Looking for user experiences-Jogging and everyday use [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was great too. I appreciate your long response in the LR room. It made me want to get one, and the situation worked out really well. I certainly hope the piecing of the new fabric together isn't too complicated.

Thanks again for your input, as well as everyone else.
Quote Reply

Prev Next