Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BMC or Cervelo S2
Quote | Reply
Greetings all---With all things being equal, BMC or Cervelo? With all of your prior knowledge regarding the two brands current technologies, warranties, performance etc...pick one and help me out PLEASE!

MRBACCOUNTING.COM - Accounting, Tax and Advisory Services

...former DII XC
Quote Reply
Re: BMC or Cervelo S2 [mbiggin08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming we are talking aero road bike I would go with the BMC TMR01 or TMR02 which ever fits your budget. Reason, vanity, less likely to see one in a group ride and not a big fan of sloping top tubes.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC or Cervelo S2 [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for your input Mike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are looking for a road bike I have a BMC TMR01 and can tell you a lot about it.

Are you asking about Road or TRI bikes ?
Quote Reply
Re: BMC or Cervelo S2 [KarlC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi KarlC...I was looking into something I can really get comfortable on and eventually in a few years get back into triathlon with. Going aero on the TT might be faster overall but until I'm back pushing higher wattage I will be sticking with the road bike.

...former DII XC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMC TMR01 or TMR02 are great bikes from my experience, the TMR01 tested right up there with the best current Road Aero Frames. There was only 2 things it did not score great on - 1 - As with most Aero frames they right a bit ruff compared to a standard frame, I solved this with 27mm Tubular tires on wide carbon rims. 2 - Some people don't like the brakes, mine are set up right are work great, but if you plan to swap rims of different sizes often you may want to get the TMR02 with the exposed fork brakes.

Tour Mag Aero test 2016

I got my BMC TMR01 with Di2 as a lightly used dealer demo bike for $2k, sold off the wheels, bars, seat and such then used that $ to buy the parts I wanted. I have seen used BMC TMR02 going for for $1500.

Here is myTMR01 as it is now at 15 lbs ......

[quote="farm_lim"]how it was graded

overall test results

aero test results. blue= stock wheels, black= 404 firestrike standard wheels for all bikes.
interesting note, cervelo blends well with hed clinchers 9blue bar) but not that aero with zipps.

in alphabetical order

[/quote]
Last edited by: KarlC: May 15, 17 15:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure about BMC warranty, Cervelo has a lifetime warranty for original owner. Something to consider.

Obviously, one may fit better than the other. Although, a bike fitting on a showroom floor and spin around a parking lot my feel differently after a few weeks of riding. But, it's an obvious factor to check out.

mbiggin08, I believe you have what we in the cycling world would call ''a wonderful problem''.

Good luck!

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Re: BMC or Cervelo S2 [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey thanks Morpheus! Yeah I know it's a true problem lol. I really wanted the road bike but we shall see what happens. I just know when I'm out two years from now on a flat course and being passed by TT'rs I'll be pissed no matter how flat my forearms are.

...former DII XC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow Karl! We ought to have to replace Dark Mark on TRS...you know how to research. I'll take this all into consideration. That bike of yours is clean as hell.

...former DII XC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mbiggin08 wrote:
Wow Karl! We ought to have to replace Dark Mark on TRS...you know how to research. I'll take this all into consideration. That bike of yours is clean as hell.

Thx ..... What city are you in and what size frame are you looking for ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NYC and I'm looking for a 56/58 depending on which company I go with. Im not looking to be setup too aggressive, but want to be comfortable enough to jump into a crit.

...former DII XC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful TMR01! Thats a dream bike for me.

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply