Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes
Quote | Reply
Looking for best Bento boxes to put on a BMC TM01? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [jhbauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any of the new "aero" shaped wedge ones, like Dark Speed Works, X-Lab, etc.

Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [Tom Maliszewski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Torhans stealth black VR bottle works and looks pretty awesome on mine. I just cut the bottom out of the bottle and it holds all kinds of crap. Looks great and everything is out of the way.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [multisport4me] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you post a pick of it installed on your BMC?
Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll try to take some pics of mine later today. First I'll send you this link to Zoom_zoom_Ben's TM01 with VR bottle installed since he gave me the idea to try it. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=4155901#4155901 Only difference is that I'm using the all black VR bottle. I have the same red TM01 frame though.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [jhbauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The torhans Vr bottle would fit your bike if you have seat tube bottle bosses (I think). It looks like it can carry a lot of stuff, you may want to check 'em out.

However, that's a bottle that goes low on your bike. If you actually want a streamlined top tube bento pack for your BMC, there is only one in existence that will work and mount securely on your top tube--the Speedpack 483. It will mount on your BMC just like this (pic is an argon18, but mounting is very similar).

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [multisport4me] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd really like to see how you did this ... post a pic if you don't mind.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [jhb1406] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a TM01 and use the Dark Speed Works Speedpack 483.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dark Speed Works Speedpack 483 works awesome and looks nice on my TM02.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How's the zipper holding up ? After a couple seasons of sweat exposure mine got corroded and stopped working.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [jhb1406] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Torhans AeroBento. It looks great on the bike and like the no zipper option. Here is a photo I took from my last race

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Last edited by: Tri Nut: Jun 3, 15 11:10
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
How's the zipper holding up ? After a couple seasons of sweat exposure mine got corroded and stopped working.

Great question. I bought the new 483 just this year because my original speedpack zipper also corroded after a few seasons and the straps were fraying from use. The new version has a lower profile strap. I've actually put body glide on the old pack to use it in training (still functional, but a little tougher to zip) and am saving the new one just for races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like a higher quality zipper would be a good update. Otherwise, design is good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
Seems like a higher quality zipper would be a good update. Otherwise, design is good.

Good feedback. But I'm trying to figure out what is going on with your zipper sliders. We have a bag that has been on an outdoor bike for now approaching 5 years and the zipper is still perfect. Are you sweating on the bag during indoor training sessions? I assume your zipper chain is still fine, it is the sliders that are the issue?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Not indoor sessions, but training outdoors and races. I'll update post with a pic.
Last edited by: rmg: Jun 3, 15 15:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback, but do you have a high-resolution photo of that? Especially focusing on the slider? If yes, can you email it to us directly? (contact info is here) I cannot see if there is rust or what exactly is happening with the slider, a bigger photo might help.

How is the condition of the other zipper slider? Have you ever washed/rinsed your Speedpack? To remove residual salt, etc.? If not, doing that once a season or so could probably do wonders. Most riders typically keep their sliders near the front of the Speedpack, I wonder if doing hat would keep your sliders away from dripping sweat, etc. The zipper chain you do not need to worry about, as it is not metal so it will not corrode.

thanks for the help with the pic,
Greg @ dsw

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both zippers the same and immobile. Never thought to wash/rinse the bento. Will consider that with future model. Maybe there is a soak that could restore the function.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great, how do you have it mounted? Have you retro-fitted mounting bolts like Tririg demonstrated?
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [OZgriffiths] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OZgriffiths wrote:
Looks great, how do you have it mounted? Have you retro-fitted mounting bolts like Tririg demonstrated?

Used industrial strength velcro which lasted through 2 HIM and one full. Lost the box during my last race because the rain removed the adhesive Velcro.
Now I drilled two small openingd at the side bottom and used Velcro and zip ties to keep it in place. Seems to be well secured right now.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i tried the 3M industrial velcro and it fell off during my HIM - ahh!

so any other recommendations for the Tm01 and a bento bag?

i would like to fit a flask and a waffle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
The torhans Vr bottle would fit your bike if you have seat tube bottle bosses (I think). It looks like it can carry a lot of stuff, you may want to check 'em out.

However, that's a bottle that goes low on your bike. If you actually want a streamlined top tube bento pack for your BMC, there is only one in existence that will work and mount securely on your top tube--the Speedpack 483. It will mount on your BMC just like this (pic is an argon18, but mounting is very similar).

Do you have any products that would fit a 2018 TM02?
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Do you have any products that would fit a 2018 TM02?

What size frame are you on?
Does your TM02 have top storage bosses?

If yes, what is the distance in mm from the center of the rear boss to the front edge of your seatpost?

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey long time lurker first time poster:

Can anyone help provide the screw/bolt required to secure a top tube storage box to the 2017+ time machine? None of the additional screws in my toolkit fit and I can’t find any info in the owners manual or interwebz.

Thanks all
Max
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine and Bento boxes [maattss91] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be a set of metric M5 water bottle bolts. Do you have a set of those?

--
Quote Reply