Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BMC Time Machine TM02 Sizing
Quote | Reply
Hey All,

I just completed my first triathlon and i'm now planning on purchasing a tri bike. I like the BMC Time Machine TM02 however the sizing of the BMC tri bikes is a little bit different than most other bikes and I seem to be in between a S-M and M-L being around 5'9. I know there are multiple variables that play into what size bike is best for each person and I plan on getting fitted by the local bike shop but would like to know if anyone has had experience with BMC Time Machine bikes and what size would be a better fit for me? The road bike I ride is a Scott 54cm.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine TM02 Sizing [Muddrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMC has a sizing tool on their website for the TM01. The TM02 is essentially the same bike, but with a regular fork/stem instead of the integrated system.

For reference, I'm 5'7 and I ride a M-S, though I should probably be on a S. Only reason the M-S fits is because I have various back issues which limit my drop and have slammed the stem as low as it can go. My bet is that you'll end up on a M-S, assuming the BMC geometry works for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll defer to your LBS for your fit, but I'm 5'8" and have a M-S TM02. I added a stages power meter and FLO wheels.

I don'y have anything negative to say about the bike. I may down the line upgrade to di2
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine TM02 Sizing [mcollins0605] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the feedback!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! I hope resurrecting this thread is okay...instead of creating a new one. I'm eyeing on this used BMC TM02 (2013) but the size is Medium (Long). I'm 5'7" with in-seam of 31.5". Won't fit right? Just wanted a confirmation from actual owners. :) Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine TM02 Sizing [Kafka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your longer inseam indicates a shorter torso. Medium short is likely better for reach in your case.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Last edited by: Chri55: Mar 14, 16 10:05
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine TM02 Sizing [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Chri55! :) Have to find or wait for something else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 5'4" with a 31" inseam and just bought a small 2016 TM02 (that thing is a rocket). I had a Fit-squared fitting done before buying a bike and was told that a med-short might fit, but not as well, and a med-long would be way too big. The small fits me perfectly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be careful about selecting the ML. I'm taller than you and have longer legs as you do. The MS would fit me(I don't own one)
Quote Reply
Re: BMC Time Machine TM02 Sizing [Play2Win] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. That sounds convincing (not to get the bike). I will probably wait and see until a small or M-S comes up, but I'm leaning towards small size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kafka wrote:
Hi! I hope resurrecting this thread is okay...instead of creating a new one. I'm eyeing on this used BMC TM02 (2013) but the size is Medium (Long). I'm 5'7" with in-seam of 31.5". Won't fit right? Just wanted a confirmation from actual owners. :) Thanks!

5'10". 32 inseam. Riding a m-s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am significantly taller than you at 6'2'' and ride a M-L. Obviously I would defer to your LBS/fit but would think that this bike might not fit you that well. I love my bike and would say just keep an eye out for the M-S

Also for comparison sake I think Taylor Phinney of BMC is like 6'6" and rides a M-L (but think that is b/c the L is not UCI legal).
Last edited by: Butlera: Mar 14, 16 14:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't get recommendations from owners -- get recommendations from fitters.
Quote Reply