Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BBS Aero Analyzer Question
Quote | Reply
I made a few adjustments to my set up and I was going to use my last 70.3 to assess these adjustments with BBS aero analyzer. However, I flatted in the race. I didn't hit stop on Garmin when I changed flat. Does anyone know if this would mess up the results?
Quote Reply
Re: BBS Aero Analyzer Question [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question. Not sure how the algorithm takes into account zero speed with the clock still ticking. I would be surprised if it automatically filtered that out. You could try it and see if the results makes any sense. And then you could try cutting out the time you flatted out of the file and then run it through BBS again. And then compare the two results.

IMO, it's best to use a very short stretch/time/distance when using the aero analyzer to get the most accurate results. The longer the file is (that you upload) the larger the error is going to be. I think a bike file from a 70.3 or even an olympic will yield not that accurate of results.

If you take most of the protocol from Chung's method and then use the BBS aero analyzer to calculate, your results should be pretty accurate.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimac2 wrote:
I made a few adjustments to my set up and I was going to use my last 70.3 to assess these adjustments with BBS aero analyzer. However, I flatted in the race. I didn't hit stop on Garmin when I changed flat. Does anyone know if this would mess up the results?
I haven't used the BBS Analyzer yet, but I have used aerolab in Golden Cheetah.

When analyzing race results I typically will edit the first and last 10 seconds or so as I get up to speed and brake for the dismount line.

There is an edit feature in Golden Cheetah where you can scroll through the file and delete any line of data that you want.
Quote Reply
Re: BBS Aero Analyzer Question [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do I remove a portion of the power profile before uploading to BBS?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimac2 wrote:

I am sure there are plenty of ways to do this but if you use Training Peaks, you can use their trimming feature to cut off the ends of the workout and then download the file to put into BBS
Quote Reply
Re: BBS Aero Analyzer Question [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
trimac2 wrote:

I am sure there are plenty of ways to do this but if you use Training Peaks, you can use their trimming feature to cut off the ends of the workout and then download the file to put into BBS
Its been awhile for me, but I believe you can make the edits in Golden Cheetah and then export/save the amended file before downloading to BBS.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by trimac2 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimac2 wrote:
I tried this put it won't upload to BBS. It says to select tcx file. When I cut out a portion it saves it as a tcx.gz

TrainingPeaks saves files in gzip format to save space. You should be able to unzip the file, then upload it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimac2 wrote:

https://www.fitfiletools.com/#/remover#view

is my preferred way.

I don't know much about BBS aero analyzer. Think that came after I cancelled my membership in favor of Golden Cheetah.

+1 on shorter distances.
Quote Reply
Re: BBS Aero Analyzer Question [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we ignore 0 speed from the final calc but I'm looking at some updates over the next couple weeks so I'll look into stopped sections for sure. We are updating the TA tool as well to add some more insight into Zoomed sections so if there is an area of the course you knew you were dialed in you will be able to zoom into those sections and adjust the sliders to match power / CdA. While I'm thinking, would gear ratios be of interest to anyone kind of a range to start (85-95 cadence) for different sections?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Founder: BestBikeSplit
Amazonian
Last edited by: Mrcooper: Jun 14, 17 11:43
Quote Reply